Ukulele...umm tennis racket - My latest

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
achduliebe

Ukulele...umm tennis racket - My latest

Post by achduliebe »

Ok, here is my latest pipe. I actually started this pipe before the blowfish but set it aside to work on the blowfish as my PITH pipe. It was originally going to be a ukulele kind of shape...I guess it kind of still is...well it's probably closer to a tennis racket shape. The are some flows on this, but it was going to be a shop pipe from the start. Let me know what you think.

Oh, and please forgive the inside of the tobacco chamber it still needs a bit of work. Not to mention this will be the pipe that I test my first pre-carb coating on.

-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
Nick

Post by Nick »

Pretty cool buddy. I like the shelf under the inside rim. An interesting touch. I can see the tennis raquet feel to it. The stem narrowing so quickly gives it that kind of feel.

Over all, it looks very nice.. Good job!
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Thanks Nick. Yeah it does narrow down quite fast. It is a very cool little pipe. I kicked up my polishing a bit on this one, it looks very good. In person, it looks like the pipe has been coated in shellac. I really think I refined my polishing/buffing technique on this pipe. I have to give a big thanks to John Crosby (ArtGuy) for his sharing of knowledge and willingness to pass along his techniques. I used his advice and threw in an added step here or there. The result is very pleasing for me. Buffing and polishing, for some reason, has been a big hurdle for me to overcome.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com