First Pipe

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
PastorPipe

First Pipe

Post by PastorPipe »

Hey, here it is finally. My first pipe. Check out the photos here (www.walkaboutwanderer.blogspot.com). Feedback is welcome. Thanks to JAlan for some much needed help and advice. :D

Matt
"A pipe...it is a great soother, a pleasant comforter! Blue devils fly before its honest breath! It ripens the brain--it opens the heart; and the man who smokes, thinks like a sage and acts like a Samaritan!"
custom300

Post by custom300 »

Matt,
Great job! I have yet to create my first creation, but am gearing up for it. Well done.. hope to see many more.
Jamie
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

I don't know of many pipe makers who's first pipe included bamboo. Well done. I like the rest of your blog too.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Hey Matt,

Great first pipe! Very nice!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
sethile

Post by sethile »

Wow, that's a beautiful pipe Matt! Amazing for your first. Intersting blog you have too.

I'm also very new to this. Finished my first pipe a little over a week ago, and made a disasteriuos second one last weekend. Hopefully your second will turn out better than mine did! The ebauchon for my second turned out to have major flaws, which only got worse as I shaped. I learned a lot though, maybe even more than on the first one.

This sure is a lot of fun, and very rewarding. This forum is a great place to get help and encouragement. I'm planning my third pipe now and hope to avoid the mistakes I made on the first two.

Can't wait to see your next one Matt!
Scott
Scott E. Thile
Collector, smoker, and aspiring pipemaker.
http://sethilepipes.com
Sysop: http://pipedia.org
---------------------
flix

Post by flix »

Nice job, keep it up!

--Mike