Worth watching.

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Sasquatch

Worth watching.

Post by Sasquatch »

ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
UnderShade

Re: Worth watching.

Post by UnderShade »

Such a great video! I loved hearing him talk about having a shape in mind and then finding a block with grain that works best for that shape. Thanks Sas.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

A pile of things hit me, I'm absolutely not of the 'fanboy' school, I don't really fall into that sort of hero worship, and yet everything JC says there about process, about result, about ... everything, what pipe making is about, really resonated with me. Making shit people really want to smoke.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
UnderShade

Post by UnderShade »

After watching it again, I fucking lost it when dude is like, "The longer the pipe, the cooler the smoke." Jess is like, "Wrong."
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

UnderShade wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:47 pm After watching it again, I fucking lost it when dude is like, "The longer the pipe, the cooler the smoke." Jess is like, "Wrong."
Yeah loads of people still think that and look at you like an idiot when you try to explain how dumb that is.
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

But it actually, truly, not kidding, for certain, honest-to-goodness IS cooler.

A pipe and its burning contents are an isolated system in thermodynamic equilibrium, and the generated smoke starts losing energy instantly upon leaving the chamber. i.e. it gets cooler. Welcome to an entropic universe and the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

How MUCH cooler the smoke gets on its journey from combustion chamber to the smoker's mouth is the question.

There are many variables, of course, but it could be as much as half a thousandth of a degree. :lol: :lol: :lol:
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

You had me for a moment there George!