My own first attempt at a pipe so far...

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
EthanEvans-Hilton

My own first attempt at a pipe so far...

Post by EthanEvans-Hilton »

Greetings! I truly new newbie to the pipe-making endeavor.
Here is my first attempt from a briar kit. I wanted something green and organic. I have no idea what I am doing at all, so all the brutal honesty and points to resources and the right direction are immensely appreciated.
001.jpg
(86.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
002.jpg
(104.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
003.jpg
(106.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
"Create your own visual style... let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others." - Orson Welles
LatakiaLover

Re: My own first attempt at a pipe so far...

Post by LatakiaLover »

EthanEvans-Hilton wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:49 pm ...and points to resources and the right direction...
No forum software's search feature is worth much.

Easier and better is to limit Google's breadth of search to a single site, like so:

site:pipemakersforum.com shellac

There's 17 years of stockpiled info here. Whatever you might want to know HAS been discussed before, guaranteed.

Most discussion these days is "digging into" something for clarification, sources of supply, etc.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
EthanEvans-Hilton

Re: My own first attempt at a pipe so far...

Post by EthanEvans-Hilton »

LatakiaLover wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:29 pm
EthanEvans-Hilton wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:49 pm ...and points to resources and the right direction...
No forum software's search feature is worth much.

Easier and better is to limit Google's breadth of search to a single site, like so:

site:pipemakersforum.com shellac

There's 17 years of stockpiled info here. Whatever you might want to know HAS been discussed before, guaranteed.

Most discussion these days is "digging into" something for clarification, sources of supply, etc.
Thank you so much! That Google search tip is gold!
"Create your own visual style... let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others." - Orson Welles