Broken stem

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Lizbet_Di'Battori

Broken stem

Post by Lizbet_Di'Battori »

I am sure other people have discovered this, however, to my chagrin, I recently discovered that vulcaite stems become rather brittle at -25c.
Lizbet Di Battori
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs." Albert Einstein.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Re: Broken stem

Post by KurtHuhn »

Went to fill my truck the other day, and discovered that gas caps display the same weakness. :D
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Shit doesn't work good at -25, and it even more doesn't work good at -35. Even my dog has been foregoing our morning wrestle out in the yard - he poops and runs back in, even if I put his boots on.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Some of us aren't so stupid as to live in a country where you have to worry about -35.

Double figures here today (Centigrade). We had a chilly week last week, it was -1 overnight.
UnderShade

Post by UnderShade »

Yeah-fuck the cold. Two heaters and I still can't stand being in my shop for more than 10 minutes.
Lizbet_Di'Battori

Post by Lizbet_Di'Battori »

I don't mind the cold so much, at least not when it's consistent. The problem here is yesterday we had a high of -20, tomorrow we have a high of 5, and right now they're claiming as high as 10 for the weekend, but I know better than to trust any forecast more than 48 hours out.
Lizbet Di Battori
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs." Albert Einstein.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Where are yo u Lizbet? Sounds like you are maybe pretty close to me in the middle of Canadian nowhere!
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!