Aduis number 11 Brandy, serial TS11A

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Adui

Aduis number 11 Brandy, serial TS11A

Post by Adui »

So feel free to comment, but since I know my pictures suck I'll understand if no one does.

I already know my button is way too thin, but this was the third or fourth stem blank and it fits so well that I just went with it.

Image Image
I hope to be at least half the person my dogs thinks I am.

AKA Terry
DocAitch

Re: Aduis number 11 Brandy, serial TS11A

Post by DocAitch »

Looks OK from what I see, but your photos really are not adequate for an evaluation.
From what I see, the shape is symmetric, the transition clean, and the lines OK.
Get a plain, light gray to white back ground- sheet, towel or other material. Place it under the best light in your shop.
Look at Premal’s sticky on which photos to take. Your photos appear to cover the essentials.
Take your photos- if you have an iPhone or comparable cell - you can touch the center and adjust the exposure for best color.
Then edit on either your phone or your computer. You can crop the photo to enlarge the subject and you can change the exposure and color (when the color of the background is true, so should the subject be).
It sounds complicated but takes just a few minutes once you begin to play with it.
DocAitch
"Hettinger, if you stamp 'hand made' on a dog turd, some one will buy it."
-Charles Hollyday, pipe maker, reluctant mentor, and curmudgeon
" Never show an idiot an unfinished pipe!"- same guy
Adui

Re: Aduis number 11 Brandy, serial TS11A

Post by Adui »

Thanks doc, I plan to get a couple white poster boards to use as bottoms and back then the lights on my bench should work fine
I hope to be at least half the person my dogs thinks I am.

AKA Terry