Tupperware Flintlock

We all make stuff other than pipes, so here's a place where "anything goes" as far as showing off some of your projects and other hobbies.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Tupperware Flintlock

Post by KurtHuhn »

I make a lot of stuff for no reason other than because I think it will be cool or interesting. This flintlock came together because I wanted a .45 caliber flintlock with the right barrel twist to shoot saboted pistol bullets. The barrel is a New Old Stock CVA that I pounced on when I saw it, and I had a polymer Mossy Oak stock that I could modify to accept it. After converting the barrel to flintlock from percussion and digging a lock out of the parts bin, it just fairly fell together (with minor fitting and modification). I can't hunt with it, since the minimum is .50 caliber here, but I didn't intend it for that - this is just for funzies.

I always find a bit of humor in putting a flintlock on something with a polymer stock, then topping it with fiber optic sights. This is the second such rifle I've put together - the first one had a nickel plated barrel in .50 and I lost it to my youngest daughter when she claimed it. It's her primary hunting rifle, so I can't say it was a bad loss. :D

Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
cpd2186

Re: Tupperware Flintlock

Post by cpd2186 »

Very, Very cool!