Volcano

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
NvilleDave

Volcano

Post by NvilleDave »

This is one of the straightest grained block I've worked with--I only saw 3 small pits as I was working on it and it had zero after I finished final sanding. The rim came out uneven and I didn't take the time to rework it--other than that I think it came out pretty nice. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Dave

(Edit to add first picture)

Last edited by NvilleDave on Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marks

Post by marks »

Very nice. I like the shank and stem, and the rim, and the bowl shank junction looks very tight. Nice job.
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Dave,

Very nice! Nice straight grain. The bowl/shank transition is awesome. I really like what you did with the shank/stem...very cool shape. Nice looking pipe...no doubt!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
NvilleDave

Post by NvilleDave »

Thanks for the nice comments guys--Bryan great minds were thinking the same on how to finish the top of the bowl on our pipes. :wink:
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

I hear ya Dave...I was thinking the same thing when I looked at your volcano. Cool!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com