PITH 2019 entry: Resin Plateaux Brandy

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Massis

PITH 2019 entry: Resin Plateaux Brandy

Post by Massis »

I finally got round to making decent pictures of my PITH entry for this year, so I'd like to hear what the pros think.
I already know many people feel the blue dome is too much on this pipe, but personally I'm in love with it. Even more, I think this first picture is one of the best pipe pictures I've taken so far...

I know the stem shape isn't spot on, it's too thin near the double saddle (I think I should've opted for a tapered instead?) and there's some air trapped in the resin (as I don't have a pressure pot yet).
Other than that, I'm pretty pleased with the end result really. But I'm sure someone (George?) will point out some very obvious flaws in my pipe :lol:

danilo

Re: PITH 2019 entry: Resin Plateaux Brandy

Post by danilo »

Massis, may i ask how it goes about when smoking?

I like to have the heat feeling the bowl gives when smoking to control my pace. How does that goes with the resin?

I know it is not about the looks .... Tks

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

JMG

Post by JMG »

How was the hardness difference b/w the briar and the resin when sanding?
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
Massis

Post by Massis »

@danilo: no idea yet, ask jasonpatrick once he gets it :-)

@JMG: the resin sands and polishes like regular acrylic, so no issues really :-)