New Pipe #39

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
jeff

New Pipe #39

Post by jeff »

Hey guys,

Sorry, I've not posted much lately. I've been doing a lot of lurking though, I promise. With school and work (in the shop) all of my time is consumed pretty quickly. However, I particularly liked the way this pipe turned out and thought I'd share it with you all. Excuse the poor photo touchups.

Best,

Jeff
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Holy Mackerel Jeff! 8O

That is an awesome pipe! Just beautiful!

WOW...thanks for sharing!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
magruder

Post by magruder »

Jeff,
Just to reiterate;
that is a sweet, sweet pipe :thumb:
Steve
NvilleDave

Post by NvilleDave »

Jeff,
Dude that is incredible. The last view shows how symetrical it is--the outer line is completely even from top to bottom on both sides. Defintely a great piece of brair too. The whole thing--just awesome!
pipemanruss

Post by pipemanruss »

very nice. one question was that drilled after shaping??
great work :thumb:
jeff

Post by jeff »

Thanks for the comments guys.

Russ, yes, this was shaped after drilling. That's how make all of my pipes. However, I will be doing some turning in the near future to create some classical shapes.

Jeff
bluesmk

Post by bluesmk »

Jeff,
Very sweet, indeed! Hey buddy, I know you were busy with school, but we missed you in Richmond this year, just the same.
Best Regards,
Dan
Gabrieli Pipes
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Awesome finish!
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
jeff

Post by jeff »

bluesmk wrote:Jeff,
Very sweet, indeed! Hey buddy, I know you were busy with school, but we missed you in Richmond this year, just the same.
Best Regards,
Dan
Gabrieli Pipes
Thanks Dan,

I was pretty bummed to have missed the show too--believe me. But, with academic demands as they were, it just didn't make sense this time around. I do, however, plan on attending next year if at all possible.

BTW, for those who are interested, Premal from Smoker's Haven had purchased a pipe from me in Chicago for a special set to be announced later this year, but when he saw this elephant's foot he wanted it instead. So, as a result, the previously purchased pipe (one that I like very much, personally) is for sale on his website right now at a good price. Check it out under "J. Alan" in the unsmoked estates section if you are interested.

Regards,

Jeff
marks

Post by marks »

Your work just keeps getting better and better. I echo Dan's statement -- you were missed in Richmond.
marks

Post by marks »

Your work just keeps getting better and better. I echo Dan's statement -- you were missed in Richmond.