Bo Nordh stem replacement

Discussion of pipe restoration and sales, as well as pipe repair and maintenance tricks.
LatakiaLover

Bo Nordh stem replacement

Post by LatakiaLover »

Many PipeWorld citizens would be surprised to learn how well smoked a lot of high-end collectables are. While white glove & glass case collectors do exist, plenty of them smoke their rarities as often---and as hard---as anyone else in love with tobacco.

This Bo Nordh is one such pipe. Over its 29 years, the stem had been repeatedly buffed to the point that the bite zone was beginning to collapse from thinning, the button was becoming a blur, and most importantly, it no longer fit securely. No matter how firmly it was seated, a gentle turn was all it took to release it. Because it was made to hold a filter, the (relatively) thin-walled tube had been squeezed from the compression of the military-style design. This, in combination with material loss from use and repeated buffing meant it was time for a new stem.

The new one was made to my best guess of the original's dimensions when new, before it was shrunken from buffing. It was also made in a conventional (non-filter) style.

UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
Ocelot55

Re: Bo Nordh stem replacement

Post by Ocelot55 »

Excellent work as usual. I'm no greenhorn, but I think I'd be nervous working on a pipe almost as expensive as half a year of my salary. I'm not sure what that says about me....or my salary. :mrgreen: