Billiard...

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
JMG

Billiard...

Post by JMG »

I wish the blast could have been deeper, but the flaw and size of the pipe just wouldn't allow it. That is no slight to the one that blasted it for me (I had to outsource) I should have left more meat. This is Strawberry briar and my first time working with it.

However, I'm happy overall. And as far as billiards go, this is a better one for me. Can't sell this pipe due to the flaw, but I sure look forward to smoking it...after I stain and finish it that is.

Critiques are welcomed and appreciated. Also, sorry, but I had a difficult time photographing this stem due to the material.

"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
sandahlpipe

Re: Billiard...

Post by sandahlpipe »

On the second-to-last picture, you can see that the rim to bowl side angle is different on the right vs. left. The bowl/shank junction might just be a little bit too narrow a radius, but that’s more of a preference thing at this point. And I definitely would have blasted this much deeper with those rings showing through.

Anyways, nice to work, and it would seem you’ve understood the billiard now, just a few minor details and you’ll billiard with the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com