Since Everyone But Me is in Chicago...

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
RickB

Since Everyone But Me is in Chicago...

Post by RickB »

Interesting little musing, at least to me. Yesterday marked one year since I completed my last war club kit pipe and decided to start making them entirely myself and doing my own stems and drilling - it's been slow going but the authors I'm doing for PITH will be pipes number 14 and 15 since then.

Today I sold my first three-figure pipe (I wanted $75 for the turnip since I'd used Mimmo's briar so materials cost more, and my buddy who bought it insisted in giving me more). Anyway, I know I still have more road in front of me than behind, but thanks to all the help you all have given me, I think I've made pretty great strides in the past year. I am so immensely grateful.

For shits and giggles, here's the last of the war clubs (which my #1 pipe buddy still loves dearly and smokes daily):

And here are the authors I'm finishing for PITH:

Thank you all so much.
Chronicling my general ineptitude and misadventures in learning pipe making here: https://www.instagram.com/rustynailbriars/
Bluesytone

Re: Since Everyone But Me is in Chicago...

Post by Bluesytone »

I will sit here in my home shop and wish I was in Chicago along with you brother!
my mouth is the marketing department for the circus in my head
RickB

Post by RickB »

Next year you and I will have to share a bowl there. I'll start working on the missus now. :lol:
Chronicling my general ineptitude and misadventures in learning pipe making here: https://www.instagram.com/rustynailbriars/
Bluesytone

Post by Bluesytone »

RickB wrote:Next year you and I will have to share a bowl there. I'll start working on the missus now. :lol:

Ha! Yes me as well :)
my mouth is the marketing department for the circus in my head