Something A Little Different

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
WBill

Something A Little Different

Post by WBill »

First time that I have tried this style of pipe, what do you think ?

Bill

http://www.bgimg.com/pipe.html

I can never get the image to display !!!!!!!!!
smokepiper

Post by smokepiper »

NICE! italian style, like the rustication vs virgin. :thumb:
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Bill, is that all one piece of briar (minus the "cap" at the end)?? Also, did you have to intersect two airway drillings to obtain this? If so how does it smoke (if your smoking it)?
WBill

Post by WBill »

It is actually four pices, the bowl and shank are briar and the two end pices are rosewood. I first drilled the tobacco chamber and left room at the bottom where I would later inlet it for half of the diamiter of the shank to fit. After shaping and cutting the space for the shank I glued the shank to the bowl and drilled the air hole through the bottom of the bowl into the shank.

It is a fairly simple procedure except cutting the space for the shank in the bottom of the bowl, it has to fit just right, no space between the bowl and shank.

Bill
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

And are you smoking it? I'm wondering specificaly about moisture problems or scorching problems around the airway that comes from the tobacco chamber.
WBill

Post by WBill »

I haven't smoked the pipe yet, can't make up my mind on whether to sell it or smoke it.

I guess I should smoke it to see how it does since this is the first of this type. I will let you know how it smokes after a few bowls of tabacco.

Bill