Back from vacation...

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
achduliebe

Back from vacation...

Post by achduliebe »

I got back from vacation yesterday. I was on vacation in Garden City, SC for a week. While I was there I ventured up to Little River, SC to visit 'Low Country Cigar and Pipes', better known on the internet as the bricks and mortar for smokingpipes.com. Wow, I got to see some amazing pipes! Teddy, Eltang, Tokutomi etc.... The first time I had ever seen pipes of this caliber in person. Well to take a step backwards, when I pulled up in the parking lot I noticed the car next to us had an out of state tag. Well, when I got out of the car and walked around the back I looked at the tag and it was from Connecticut. Well, knowing that Todd Johnson had recently relocated from Connecticut to the area...I got a bit excited. I went in and walked around and looked at the unbeleivable pipes. Bought a couple of tins of tobacco and went out to the car. As I was walking up to the car, there was Mr. Todd Johnson getting something out of his car. I introduced myself and chatted with him for a minute. What a pleasure and surprise it was to run into such a great carver in person.

Oh well, just thought I would share my little story with everybody. Low Country Cigar and Pipe is a great shop and has some unbeleivable stuff. I would highly recommend visiting them if you ever have the chance. Also, Todd is a very friendly and gracious person. What a pleasure!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

One day, some one will run into you, and share the same story :wink:
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Hey Craig,

I could only hope that I could get to that level. I respect everybody on this board and their awesome pipe making skills. I hope that one day I will be able to meet each and everyone of you in person. That would be awesome!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com