New Geigers on the site

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
geigerpipes

New Geigers on the site

Post by geigerpipes »

Hia gents

Fore thouse of you intrested I have added 7 pipes to the gallery :

http://geigerpipes.com/pipesgallery.php

Tell me what you think

Best
Love
www.geigerpipes.com
Smoke in peace!!

Love
Webpage www.geigerpipes.com
News/Blog http://news.geigerpipes.com/
alexanderfrese

Post by alexanderfrese »

The newest are the 7 from top?
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Very nice Love. I especially liked what you did with that tulip!
geigerpipes

Post by geigerpipes »

yes Alexander the 7 from the top
and thx Ben I also like the way the tulip turned out

Best

Love
www.geigerpipes.com
Smoke in peace!!

Love
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Love,

All are beautiful... I really like the tulip also. The Moon Egg is very very cool! Awesome work!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
alexanderfrese

Post by alexanderfrese »

Some first impression uncensored opne minded thoughts:

Eke the Elder
Yes. Not my kind of pipe, but yes. I like the "semi rustic" much better this way, than that somewhat erratic way it is often done to cover some small areas with spots.
Last pic shows some residues (?) of something in the bowl. If this was my kind of pipe, and I would see it that way on a website or anyhow without any explanation (maybe this is something from your mystic tobacco juice staining?), then I would feel like rather not buying it or trying to dump the price.

Blistered Billiard.
Sure! I like the lines, the swing, the curvature, the tone, the blast. Not only to my personal taste, but also well done. I don't like those little holes. They give it a very natural look of old wood found on the shoreline, but in my mind, I would not want them on my pipe. But that's just my taste.

Curved Canandian Poker
Hhmm. Call me an old school conservative. I don't get behind the shape. Though following the grain lines, it seems like the intended contradiction to lines that one would expect. I try to imagine the picture of this pipe clenched into someone’s mouth. It would bent upwards in a rather odd bow and angle… For me it would be too far on the "collector's" side.

Oval pleasures
Yes. Being a conservative mind, there is nothing to say about this one. Call for elegance and grace? Here’s what you need. I like the colour very much.

Moon Egg
Hmm. Besides the arising questions like "how was this one drilled?" (I think it was discussed somewhere before…), I don't get it. Though I would really like to feel it in my hands. But I won't be to Sweden nor to Russia in the future.

Withering Tulip
Darn! That's it. That shape is something on my list to try in the future, when I have the skills and the tools. God knows when this day will come… Great finish. Beautiful stem. Respect in every aspect!

Rotten Apple
Same as Blistered Billiard.

Looking back at my "first impressions" I realize, it's mostly personal opinion. I would really like to discuss that narrow edge between functionality and artistic influence. Do they interfer? Do they contradict? Do they push each other to a new limit? That would be something for the evening, sitting at a table with a good cup of beer. Maybe Kurt could try to set up some sort of virtual pipe smoker’s & maker’s pub with some virtual bar’n’lounge. I would be first in line.

:thumb:

Alex
geigerpipes

Post by geigerpipes »

thx you guys for the coments

As for the marks in the tb chamber on eke they are actually from my dowel that I hold the pipes while shaping and they are removed before I finish the pipe, however in this case I just made some last minute potoes of it to show the store in russia and did not have time to make new ones before I shipped them, but it looks slobby..

As for most of your other comments like you state tells more about your own taste in astetics...they have a saying here in sweden that goes something like:peoples taste is like your behind it is parted. that often strikes me when it comes to pipes and design one will claim you the genious while the next will say ugly.

I for one really like the look of "the holes"
8) but thats just me.

best

Love
www.geigerpipes.com
Last edited by geigerpipes on Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke in peace!!

Love
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

The curved canadian poker is terrific.

Love, we need to trade rejected pipes sometime if you are up for it. :thumb:
alexanderfrese

Post by alexanderfrese »

Love,

after all it's still the old latin "de gustibus non est disputandum". I am pretty aware of that. I tried to kind of split-screen-comment your gallery. I had the pic on one, and the forum form on the other half. Just to keep my thoughts coming spontaneously. So take it this way: There was nothing left to say about your pipes besides some thoughts about personal preferrences. I Wish I had those skills…

Alex
geigerpipes

Post by geigerpipes »

Sure John
I think we can work something out....that last pipe of yours Was a killer :wink:
Email me about it :P

Best

Love
www.geigerpipes.com
Smoke in peace!!

Love
smokepiper

Post by smokepiper »

Old latin and means "smaken är delad" in swedish and in english something like in matter of opinon.. we all have our own favorit shapes ain´t that so alexander
magruder

Post by magruder »

Love,

Those pipes are so...Lovely :roll:

Really, I think they look fantastic. I really admire the Tulip quite a bit.
Really nice balance to the shape. Very fitting rustication.

Great stain and shape on the Oval Pleasures.

Questions:
What is the shank extension on the Oval P. and
the drilling is done after the scarring on the rotten apple type finish?

Thanx,
Steve
geigerpipes

Post by geigerpipes »

Steve

The extension wich is actually part of the stem was something I found in a souveneers shop while backpacking throught Laos a few years ago but having trouble comunicating on a deeper level with the shop owner i never got the name of it...

yes the termite rustication is made by first carving, drilling the holes and i mix that with a little blasting it gives a pipe a hole lot of surface

Cheers

Love
www.geigerpipes.com
Smoke in peace!!

Love
smokepiper

Post by smokepiper »

Oval pleasures is my favorit if there is to be one i think everything you do got it´s beauty. Även de skrämmande former skänker njutning= even shapes of fright gives the beholder pleasure.
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

The review on this thread are worth the read. :thumb:
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com