First "from scratch" pipe

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
magruder

Post by magruder »

Alex-

I was employing sarcasm. A rather British trait, I suppose.

I was sarcastically saying that I was disappointed that the pipe was not acheiving a sexually odd appeal.

Your remarks are just fine with me. The subtle nature of language can be
a pitfall on an internationally shared board like this.

THERFORE, ALL EUROPEANS SHOULD BE EXCLUDED!!!

See, that was sarcasm. :wink:

I admire your faculity with our language. I have no such level of understanding of any other language. I can keep from starving in a Spanish speaking counrty, but that, and rudimental tasks, are all I can
manage in Spanish.

There is an old, yet apt joke:

A person that speaks two languages is... bilingual.
A person that speaks three languages is... trilingual.
A person that speaks four or more languages is...multi-lingual.
A person that speaks English is...American.

My best regards to you mein Freund,
Steve
magruder

Post by magruder »

BTW Alex-
I was thinking more of an old time Italian F-1 driver than Capt. Picard.

Fangio, maybe. 8)
alexanderfrese

Post by alexanderfrese »

magruder wrote:…snip I was sarcastically saying that I was disappointed that the pipe was not acheiving a sexually odd appeal. snip…
Interesting though. Making a pipe achieving that goal besides all that "erotic carving" stuff would be an interesting challenge…
magruder wrote:…snip I admire your faculity with our language. snip…
:oops:
Uhm, thanxalot! German alone doesn't get you far. Apart from the fact that learning foreign languages at school (esp. English) is something our educational system puts big focus on, it is simply fascinating to be able to communicate all around the world. And guess what – it was mostly music giving me some deeper insight into the English tongue. Desperately trying to figure out what the singer on that record (yeah, way back when in the vinyl ages) said to make a cover version taught me more about it than some school lessons. This and some movies in the original English version.

And for the F1 drivers: Your pipe would perfectly fit one of those guys with the weird leather caps behind their big looking wooden steering wheels. It was just the inclined angle that reminded me of the Star Trek TNG typography…