Hewa Homemade Pipe Tobacco...

Discussions on growing and cultivating tobacco.
JMG

Hewa Homemade Pipe Tobacco...

Post by JMG »

Pressed the cavendish I steamed with some of the natural air cured leaves. Slicing them up and decided to have a test smoke. So far it is burning pretty slow, though gets hot if I don't take it easy. Been going about 30 or 40 minutes now on just one light. The flavor is nice and mild, but pretty one note. My wife says the smell isn't bad. I really want to learn some more processing techniques and I really want to grow a variety of different tobaccos as well so I can add some dimension to future blends. But for now, this second attempt is big step up from my first go at it and I'm pretty happy. Feels good to smoke my own pipe blend that I grew out of a pipe I made myself as well.

"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
Alden

Re: Hewa Homemade Pipe Tobacco...

Post by Alden »

Looks good. I remember someone writing that they cut the tobacco in ribbons and toasted it in a pan on the stove with vanilla extract and got a very nice aromatic.
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

I should think some of the Hewa could offer up some jungle "goodies" to mash in. Do you feel adventurous?
What you have so far looks like an old book that got toasted. :lol: Let me guess: "Catcher In The Rye"?
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Everytime I came out with a great blend I always forgot to label what was in it or something else just as dumb.Whatever you flavor it with soak it, then dry again to get a good taste.Spraying is useless.You might want to slow down the fire with some other cuts along with what you have.That last pic is great looks good!!! :thumbsup: