Tongue twister pipe, a.k.a. brindle bent brandy with bocote.

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
kamkiel

Re: Tongue twister pipe, a.k.a. brindle bent brandy with boc

Post by kamkiel »

LatakiaLover wrote:
kamkiel wrote:Send your pipe to an address near Jeremiah. Looks like George is getting a blast ready. You could always say the pipe is a collaboration :)
Now that's some serious pragmatism, right there. You'll do well in China. :lol:
Ha! Thanks, I'll be here for another two years or so.

Back to the topic now. I only understand enough about pipes to know if it is extremely under or over bent. Honestly, I thought the first bend looked nice, and the second bend made sense, but not enough sense to me that I could put it into practice. It is good that the forum exists and has people on it that can share their piping knowledge. It is really too bad about the flaws in the wood on this pipe because this is a handsome little pipe.

I thought the southwest had a few pipe makers that would be willing to let you get some hands on experience with sandblasting before you get your own set up.

Kiel
sandahlpipe

Post by sandahlpipe »

If you come visit me in Minnesota, I'll let you on my blaster as well.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

I like the second bend better than the first. The pipe looks well made/executed. I'm not a fan of that style of stem shank transition but it seems popular now so there are plenty that do. The important thing is that you did a nice job on this one. Congrats.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Ratimus

Post by Ratimus »

Thanks, y'all.

I will gladly admit I prefer the second bend as well. I just needed to give it some time to grow on me. Recovering chronic underbender here. Thanks for taking the time to point it out, George.
Ryan Richardson
R2 Pipes/Ryan's Luxury Goods