Panel "Dobbs"

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
maxmil

Panel "Dobbs"

Post by maxmil »

This chick I dedicate the film "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre", 1948, directed by John Huston and Humphrey Bogart in which masterfully plays the role of adventurer Fred C. Dobbs.
Best regards.
Félix

Esta pipa se la dedico a la película “El tesoro de Sierra Madre” (The Treasure of the Sierra Madre), del año 1948, dirigida por John Huston, y en la que Humphrey Bogart interpreta magistralmente el papel del aventurero Fred C. Dobbs.
Saludos.
Félix

Last edited by maxmil on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
caskwith

Re: Panel "Dobbs"

Post by caskwith »

Bowl looks good but there is a lot of excess material on that stem.
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

If you say so..., but I think not.

Best regards.
Félix
caskwith wrote:Bowl looks good but there is a lot of excess material on that stem.
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

maxmil wrote:If you say so..., but I think not.

Best regards.
Félix
caskwith wrote:Bowl looks good but there is a lot of excess material on that stem.

Ok, just trying to help, would look much nicer with a nice straight taper on the stem, more comfortable too.
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

I appreciate your opinion, but I do not share.
Esthetic or comfort?; That is the question.
Best regards.
Félix
caskwith wrote:
maxmil wrote:If you say so..., but I think not.

Best regards.
Félix

Ok, just trying to help, would look much nicer with a nice straight taper on the stem, more comfortable too.
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

It would look good in my hand!!!Love your work!!!
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

Thank you.
Best regards.
Félix
pipedreamer wrote:It would look good in my hand!!!Love your work!!!
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

maxmil wrote:I appreciate your opinion, but I do not share.
Best regards.
Félix
Both, a straighter taper would look better and feel better. It would turn a nice looking pipe into a great looking pipe with clean crisp lines of a professional stem, at the moment it looks amateurish.
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

Well, it's just your opinion.
Best regards.
Félix
caskwith wrote:
maxmil wrote:I appreciate your opinion, but I do not share.
Best regards.
Félix
Both, a straighter taper would look better and feel better. It would turn a nice looking pipe into a great looking pipe with clean crisp lines of a professional stem, at the moment it looks amateurish.
sandahlpipe

Post by sandahlpipe »

I share Chris's opinion.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
Ratimus

Post by Ratimus »

And probably just about everybody else on this forum as well. But Maxmil is not here for critique. This topic has come up before (case in point: that time George tried to point out the whole "gleam lines" thing).
Ryan Richardson
R2 Pipes/Ryan's Luxury Goods

Post by maxmil »

Certainly.
Best regards.
Félix
Ratimus wrote:Image

And probably just about everybody else on this forum as well. But Maxmil is not here for critique. This topic has come up before (case in point: that time George tried to point out the whole "gleam lines" thing).
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Ah well, now I know I'll keep my mouth shut :lol:
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

So you will be more handsome.
Best regards.
Félix
caskwith wrote:

Ah well, now I know I'll keep my mouth shut :lol:
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

For the record, the word "opinion" is not semantically equivalent to "delusional thinking".

Here's an example: "I happen to think---be of the opinion that---everything in the Universe is controlled by an inch-tall, black-and-pink-striped talking giraffe that lives in my desk drawer."

See how that doesn't really work? How the reader is left drawing conclusions about the writer instead of considering what he wrote?

Here's another:

"I happen to think---be of the opinion that---a bloated, unfinished pipe stem looks superior to a balanced, finished one regardless of the fact that hundreds of millions of man-years of experience say otherwise."

Just sayin'.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
Ratimus

Post by Ratimus »

*takes tongue out of cheek and puts foot back in mouth* I agree the pipe has a bloated stem. I'm just saying it's not worth the time to offer Maxmil critique, as it will simply be brushed off as one opinion versus another. Maxmil, no offense intended, but I've noticed that you don't really care what anyone else thinks of your pipes. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I will keep my opinions about this mindset mostly to myself for now, but I reserve the right to make subtle implications or to say something stupid at a later date.

LatakiaLover wrote:I happen to think---be of the opinion that---everything in the Universe is controlled by an inch-tall, black-and-pink-striped talking giraffe that lives in my desk drawer."
You too huh? What's with you crazy people - everyone knows the universe is controlled by a two inch hippo finished in an Eltang contrast stain.
Ryan Richardson
R2 Pipes/Ryan's Luxury Goods

Post by LatakiaLover »

Ratimus wrote: I'm just saying it's not worth the time to offer Maxmil critique, as it will simply be brushed off as one opinion versus another.
I completely agree.

When his brush-off of Chris crossed into snide personal insult territory, though---"Keeping your mouth shut will make you better looking, too"---the ground rules shifted a bit. Chris is a respected pro, always helpful, and deserves much better.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

Of course I accept the criticism, and thank you, but that does not mean you have to agree with them; in this case I drew the mouthpiece as it seemed more convenient. Just that.
Best regards.
Félix

Claro que acepto las críticas, y las agradezco, pero eso no quiere decir que tenga que estar de acuerdo con ellas; en este caso elaboré la boquilla como me pareció mas conveniente. Simplemente eso.
Saludos.
Félix

Ratimus wrote:*takes tongue out of cheek and puts foot back in mouth* I agree the pipe has a bloated stem. I'm just saying it's not worth the time to offer Maxmil critique, as it will simply be brushed off as one opinion versus another. Maxmil, no offense intended, but I've noticed that you don't really care what anyone else thinks of your pipes. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I will keep my opinions about this mindset mostly to myself for now, but I reserve the right to make subtle implications or to say something stupid at a later date.

LatakiaLover wrote:I happen to think---be of the opinion that---everything in the Universe is controlled by an inch-tall, black-and-pink-striped talking giraffe that lives in my desk drawer."
You too huh? What's with you crazy people - everyone knows the universe is controlled by a two inch hippo finished in an Eltang contrast stain.