pith critique

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Josh B.

pith critique

Post by Josh B. »

Hello, sorry I am so late doing this critique. I have just moved and have been swamped trying to get the shop up and running again along with the hassle of getting settled in a new place. But here is the pipe I received from norm on the forum his name is notow1.

The drilling is absolutly great. I have a cap camera so it's a bit difficult to tell. I been smoking it nearly everyday since iv gotten it and it's cool and dry.

The shaping looks nice, although the transition to bamboo is not my favorite. I think the bamboo should flow into the briar. Along with that the shank is a bit to long, when you have a bamboo shank with a long briar shank it looks a bit akward

The finish was I think the oNE of the biggest problems. There were quite a bit of sandING marks still on the pipe and the edges looked like you buffed a bit to hard there.

The stem looks great except for the button. It's a bit crooked and not polished. But it looked to be well funneled and I had no problems at all while smoking it.

I think that is about all I can think of on this pipe. All in all I think it's a great smoking pipe with some aesthetic things to work on. I'm really glad to have this pipe and to have been included in this year's pipe in the hat trade. It was a lot of fun and thanks again norm
calsbeek

Re: pith critique

Post by calsbeek »

would you post a pic of your pipe so that we can see what you're reviewing?
cheers