oval shank zulu

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
kamkiel

oval shank zulu

Post by kamkiel »

I have been working on zulus this summer and I hope you all can help with my progress. This is the first time I have done an oval shank. I posted another zulu that I finished with this one with a circular shank. Critiques are welcome.

Thanks
Kiel

wdteipen

Re: oval shank zulu

Post by wdteipen »

The slant of the rim tilts a bit forward and should be more perpendicular to the front of the bowl. Bowl height is a touch too short. Underside of the stem needs more material taken off and thinned out toward the button. Pretty nice though overall.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
kamkiel

Post by kamkiel »

Thanks for your time. I already have an idea on how the next one should be.

Kiel
kamkiel

Post by kamkiel »

I just sold this pipe! It is the first pipe I've ever sold, so it is quite exciting for me! I sold it for 400......Chinese dollars:) Thanks everyone for all the help I've gotten in this forum.

Kiel
E.L.Cooley

Post by E.L.Cooley »

Hey Mike,
Congrats on selling this one. It is good to see you are back at it and doing a nice job as well. Hope all you and yours are well. Still waiting for a magic wand? Lol
Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kamkiel

Post by kamkiel »

:whisper: My name is Kiel, and because lack of imaginary animals as well as being too technically difficult, I have never attempted magic wands.
E.L.Cooley

Post by E.L.Cooley »

Oh hey Kiel. I better go back and read my old msgs. Either way pipes look good. So, just to clarify no interest in magic wands. Every once in a while I suffer from mistaking someone. Typically I blame the rum. Darn that captain Morgan. Have a great week I will go stand in the corner where I've been lurking for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kamkiel

Post by kamkiel »

Its no problem. I appreciate the comment. No need to go stand in the corner. Enjoy your week as well.