2015 GKC Pipe Club Carver's Contest

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
scotties22

2015 GKC Pipe Club Carver's Contest

Post by scotties22 »

I know most of you have known for a while now that the Carver's Contest shape this year is the Cavalier. For those who don't, here is a copy of the Contest flyer straight from the GKCPC. Go to http://gkcpipeclub.com/2015-Carving-Contest to read the rules and to register. Please remember to buy a raffle ticket as well, lest someone named Bob win the set again!

It's sure to be a great contest. Good luck everyone!

Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
LatakiaLover

Re: 2015 GKC Pipe Club Carver's Contest

Post by LatakiaLover »

As a follow-on, a reminder that the classic English cavalier as seen in the illustration is only one of a million ways they can be made... and other than overall length (appx 7" because of display case limitations), there are no constraints. Any materials, any shape... show us whatcha got. 8)

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sit ... alier+pipe
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
Massis

Post by Massis »

IF you live in the US that is :-(
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Time to give this thread a bump!! The Chicago Show is winding down today so it's time to start thinking about your GKCPC Carver's Contest entries. Remember this year's shape is the Cavalier. It MUST BE a working Cavalier, just not carved with a little nubbin on the bottom of the bowl somewhere. This year is also a "creative" year....So, pull out your imaginations and get to work!!
www.ladybriar.com
Camaraderie

Post by Camaraderie »

I certainly don't have the skill or know-how to enter but if anyone is comfortable with an observer in KC, let me know.
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

Another addendum:

Any US carver who does NOT enter the 2015 contest will have their Manliness thrown into doubt, their self-confidence and courage will be questioned, and they'll be mocked mercilessly by people making chicken noises when their backs are turned for the rest of their days.

Cuz the grrrl ain't a-feered, you see.

Just sayin'
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Guys, please be sure to register for the contest. So far there are only 4 entrants....goona be a lean set :cry: Please ask your customers to help support the contest by purchasing raffle tickets. There are only 400 tickets available for the raffle so the odds of winning are fairly good.

Tables are sold out. Don't forget about the banquet on Saturday night.

Also, book your rooms soon as the Argosy always fills up over the weekends....don't forget to mention the show to get the special room rate. Argosy Reservations 800-270-7711

Dan Coomer admin@gkcpipeclub.com or 913-219-0980
www.ladybriar.com
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

scotties22 wrote:Guys, please be sure to register for the contest. So far there are only 4 entrants....goona be a lean set :cry:
No worries. it always goes like this. Pipemakers are a procrastination-y lot. :lol:

Hell, there are usually several who want to enter the day OF the contest with pipe in hand. (Which is too late. I think the cutoff is 24 or 48 hours before the show starts.)

Earlier is still better, though, if for no other reason than it makes the setup & logistics easier for us, which in turn makes the event go smoother for you. :D
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Yes, but High Command has asked that I give everyone a gentle reminder 8)
www.ladybriar.com
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

I wanted to give this a bump.

Please register for the contest if you are planning on sending a pipe. Don't forget to purchase a ticket for the raffle as well.....and please ask your customers to do the same. Tickets are 1 for $25 or 5 for $100. Go to http://www.gkcpipeclub.com/2015-Show-Registration to register for the contest and to purchase your raffle tickets.
www.ladybriar.com