Finished Pot ready for.........

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
RDPowell

Finished Pot ready for.........

Post by RDPowell »

Well, I finished the pipe.....as far as I'm concerned anyway. I'm not real happy with it but, I reckon the more
I do the better I will get. At least I think it's better then that Blue thing I did a couple of years ago.
Let me know what you all think I need to change about it, I still feel the stem could have a bit more taken off it
towards the button and I know the junction at the shank stem fitting is poor not mention the bowl is not quite
round with the chamber so that being said have at me. :wink:

rdpipes.briar.club
mightysmurf8201

Re: Finished Pot ready for.........

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

Not too bad at all for pipe #2. I would suggest, for your next pipe, try spending a bit more time sanding at the button end of the stem. Just slow down and take your time, and the results will be apparent. Now go make another!
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
RDPowell

Post by RDPowell »

mightysmurf8201 wrote:Not too bad at all for pipe #2. I would suggest, for your next pipe, try spending a bit more time sanding at the button end of the stem. Just slow down and take your time, and the results will be apparent. Now go make another!
Thank you sir. I didn't even notice those marks on the button till after the photo naturally. :banghead:
rdpipes.briar.club
mightysmurf8201

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

Photos have a way of showing us what our eyes won't see on their own.
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
RDPowell

Post by RDPowell »

mightysmurf8201 wrote:Photos have a way of showing us what our eyes won't see on their own.
Don't you know it, I went back and sanded and buffed it out. Poor things got enough wrong with it without having
a button that looks in presmoked condition. :lol:
rdpipes.briar.club