animated forums thingy

If you have any comments for how this site or forum might be improved, or if you are having any difficulties with this site, please post such comments here.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Hmmm....

Not exaclty sure what you are talking about, random.

The scrolling window on the home page, or something in the forum itself?

Tyler
whitebar

Post by whitebar »

You guys had me wondering what I was missing because I had never seen it before using the simple, no feature, but quick loading browser I surf with most of the time. I decided to open the homepage using Explorer and there it was, but part of it was cut off on the right side. I then opened it using Netscape and it worked perfectly!

All this leads me to believe that any irregularities are browser specific problems. It might help to try opening the homepage in another browser if you are interested in this feature.

Stephen
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

whitebar wrote:All this leads me to believe that any irregularities are browser specific problems. It might help to try opening the homepage in another browser if you are interested in this feature.
You don't even want to know the trouble I have to put up with because I use Safari as my main browser. Thankfully, though, this site works flawlessly - even the scrolling thingy on the front page.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

random,

The scrolling window should be in the right-hand margin very near the top of the home page. It was the third block from the top, but I moved it up to the second block in order to fix this for you. I hope it helps.

Whitebar, I have no idea why IE would give you trouble. It works fine for me with IE and Mozilla. :?

Tyler
whitebar

Post by whitebar »

Kurt,

Safari is the browser I was refering to. The scrolling window does not work for me. What version of OS X are you using? Maybe I need to upgrade from Jaguar to Panther. I love Safari because it loads things so much quicker than other browsers but I still find a few bugs on occasion. I just try to overlook them knowing that pages load literally twice as fast. :lol:
Stephen

Carving Pipes in the Oldest Town in Texas.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

random,
It's a nit really, the site is great Tyler. Is it something your hosting provider makes available that's fairly easy to set up, or are you a web guru in addition to your other talents?
I never really answered your question.

Sort of all of the above. :D

I had a web guru set things up for me. (See the Blue Dog Tech logo/link in the footer.) The site is run from a open source PHP based program called PHPNuke. Thus all the copywrite boloney you see in the footer of the pages. Inside of PHPNuke, the web guru ported lots of my stuff from my old site, and taught me how to do it. Now I run it. I write all the new pages, and install all the new features. I troubleshoot, and otherwise dink around. I enjoy it. Unfortunately though, I don't make as many pipes because I am working on this! :D I have spent MEGA hours on it.

Tyler
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

It's an addiction Tyler, seek help now! <g>
LOL! True!

Tyler <who is typing this a 12:40am>

:D
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Ha! Welcome to *my* world! :D

I take care of all the distributed systems (networks, servers, infrastructure, software, whatever) for a financial services company, then I come home and have to screw with my own stuff. I originally got into pipe carving to escape from that - look where it's lead me. :)
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

OT: software in the new age

Post by KurtHuhn »

Well, it's a good thing you got out when you did. In the post-dot-com-bubble world, IT folks are treated pretty poorly. A friend of mine has actually heard a company executive refer to software engineers as "overpaid, glorified typists". "Look, they don't even have to spell correctly!"

*retch*

I don't deal with MS. These young kids don't know what a *real* OS is. VMS anyone? :)

Sorry. That was *very* OT.
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Close Kurt

Not VMS but UNIX....I've got your back on this one! :wink:

-Bryan
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Yes! *Real* UNIX, not this linux stuff that people call UNIX. ;)
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

You got it! I worked with VMS a little bit at my previous employer and now am strictly HP-UX.