Black Friday

If you have any comments for how this site or forum might be improved, or if you are having any difficulties with this site, please post such comments here.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Black Friday

Post by KurtHuhn »

This forum will go dark on Black Friday in order to move the DB and site code into the cloud.

I assume nobody will miss it, since you will all be trampling other hapless shoppers in your enthusiastic pursuit of epic deals on fad-toy-du-jour, vacuum cleaners, ridiculously sized televisions, and buggy and overpriced game consoles. :lol:

Personally, I will do all my shopping online, though I do understand the visceral attraction of the traditional Black Friday undertaking. It's not unlike tracking and killing your dinner with your bare hands, while eliminating all your competition with equal ferocity and ensuring that your enemiesare crushed, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of their lifepartners.

Stay safe out there! :mrgreen:
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
LatakiaLover

Re: Black Friday

Post by LatakiaLover »

KurtHuhn wrote:
I assume nobody will miss it, since you will all be trampling other hapless shoppers in your enthusiastic pursuit of epic deals...
Kurt joketh not:

http://blackfridaydeathcount.com/
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Iv'e tracked, after the kill, my dinner often, Thanks for the info. I had a post disappear on me yesterday. I did hit all the right keys.BTW you may want to start shopping today,the internet is crazy.Don't overeat and have a good one.
jjpipes
Site Supporter

Post by jjpipes »

LatakiaLover wrote:
KurtHuhn wrote:
I assume nobody will miss it, since you will all be trampling other hapless shoppers in your enthusiastic pursuit of epic deals...
Kurt joketh not:

http://blackfridaydeathcount.com/
Out of 68 injuries 52 were at Wal-Mart
Out of 4 deaths 1 was at Wal-Mart
Where are your love ones shopping on BACK Friday??????
Artisans never finish their work – they merely abandon it.
Ideally, they abandon it at that point, where they are not sure if change, will improve or diminish it.
(Paraphrase from an unremembered source).

Steve / jjpipes
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

I hope my sister is going to Walmart :evil:
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

KurtHuhn wrote:This forum will go dark on Black Friday in order to move the DB and site code into the cloud.
Holy shit that went smoothly! :shock:

Now if there's downtime, we can blame the hosting provider and not some damnable hard drive in my office choking and letting out it's magic smoke. :roll:

--K
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
jjpipes
Site Supporter

Post by jjpipes »

BOY! that was quick.

A big Thank You
Artisans never finish their work – they merely abandon it.
Ideally, they abandon it at that point, where they are not sure if change, will improve or diminish it.
(Paraphrase from an unremembered source).

Steve / jjpipes
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

KurtHuhn wrote:
KurtHuhn wrote:This forum will go dark on Black Friday in order to move the DB and site code into the cloud.
Holy shit that went smoothly! :shock:

Now if there's downtime, we can blame the hosting provider and not some damnable hard drive in my office choking and letting out it's magic smoke. :roll:

--K
Got that right, slick as snot! Great job Kurt. Assuring safety for the future, that's what a good papa should do!