A new star is born

If you have any comments for how this site or forum might be improved, or if you are having any difficulties with this site, please post such comments here.
jeff

A new star is born

Post by jeff »

Tyler,

You have several stars under your name when you post. I am jealous. Give me one or I quit! Grrr! :x

:twisted: Jeff
bluesmk

stars:

Post by bluesmk »

I'm still tryin' to get out of "newbe mode"!!!
Dan
Gabrieli Pipes :roll:
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

There.

I also rearranged the "rankings". So with the stars may have come a demotion, but fear not, there are some fun ranks to attain to.

:D

Tyler
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

Tyler wrote:There.

I also rearranged the "rankings". So with the stars may have come a demotion, but fear not, there are some fun ranks to attain to.

Tyler
Hey,

Hold on just a damn minute! This is getting waaay too much like some sort of online guild/cult/fraternity thing. Now Jeff has three stars and I have only two. Is this based on minimal quality standards of one's posts or what? I want to petition the cult priests, or union organizers, or fat rich guys that are clearly running this thing for two more stars. I'll pay whatever it takes. I didn't buy my way into this thing just to be shown up by some fly-by-night hack from Princeton. I want more stars :x

Todd
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

Yeah! I was one of the first on here. And I have a masters degree! I deserve more stars!
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

Oh wait, I do still have more than Todd. So I guess I am good for now :P
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

ignore this post... just checking to see how many starts *I* have.

*WHEW...* I got 3. I was demoted down to a journeyman tho! Geeze... is this related to my last pipe I posted in the gallery forum? You could have just posted your critique on the post Tyler, you don't have to be all secretive if you think my level of performance is dropping... :cry:

:P
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Hold on just a damn minute!
SSSSHHHH! Silence Apprentice!

:twisted:
jeff

Post by jeff »

ToddJohnson wrote:
Tyler wrote:There.

Tyler
Hey,

Hold on just a damn minute! This is getting waaay too much like some sort of online guild/cult/fraternity thing. Now Jeff has three stars and I have only two. Is this based on minimal quality standards of one's posts or what? I want to petition the cult priests, or union organizers, or fat rich guys that are clearly running this thing for two more stars. I'll pay whatever it takes. I didn't buy my way into this thing just to be shown up by some fly-by-night hack from Princeton. I want more stars :x

Todd

Don't worry Todd. Just fill out the application (typed of course), solicit 15 recommendations from the approved pipemakers list, make 43 photocopies (and one more for your record if you'd like, just to be safe), and mail them to the new Tyler Lane Pipes Order Processing Facility in Calcutta, India with 43 self-addressed stamped envelopes. After the 1 month mandatory sterilization, fumigation, and waiting period your applications will be filed in the queue to be processed in 6-8 weeks. Once processed, your application will be approved, rejected, or mailed back in 43 distinct packets for clarification. If approved you need only submit to a mandatory drug test and cavity search (not a dental procedure 8O), shave your head, spin around three times, chant the pipemaker's mantra until in a trance, sacrifice your firstborn (sorry), and mail in your acceptance and $500 upgrade fee within 3 days by certified mail through the new Membership Upgrade Facility in Budapest. No bureaucracy, no problem!

Jeff

P.S. Dammit! I'm a Journeyman again! I guess I'll have to lower my prices to reflect the rank change. Oh, and because the stars indicate the required price range that we are allowed to sell our wares within, I'll buy up your whole stock Todd. The $50 check for payment and shipping is in the mail.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Oh, and because the stars indicate the required price range that we are allowed to sell our wares within, I'll buy up your whole stock Todd. The $50 check for payment and shipping is in the mail.

hahaha...

man who knew it was going to be this fun to pick on the better pipe makers just because we ask more "stupider" questions?
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

I DEMAND A RECOUNT! It is clear that Tyler is in my opponents' back pocket! I submit to you that he has been secretly removing my posts and posting under multiple names for other posters so as to reflect a disproportionate number of postings for said posters. If I do not receive more stars within 7 days, I will start snapping the shanks of finished pipes. That is all.

Todd
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

It states clearly in the by-laws that a recount is mandatory only when the margin of loss is less than one star. You are clearly a full star behind the rest of us, thus no recount can be granted. :P
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am in CHARGE here, and I will not bend to requests such as recounts or other tomfoolery to thwart that which is mine, and mine alone, to decide.

After all this lip, I have half a mind to bust you all back to the rank of NEWBIE.

:twisted: :twisted:

Actually this thread is cracking me up. I love it when I scare Todd because he realizes he can't cut it. :cry:

Tyler (Six star general) 8)
BriarBrian

Post by BriarBrian »

hey does i count if i * see* stars after wacking myself in the head with a loose block spinning wildly out of control, bouncing off the wall, and hitting me in the head, while doing the final buff on it? :D
JMB

Post by JMB »

JMB
Apprentice

OK, I see I have been kick back down the ladder. What time do you Big Shots want me to mop out the joint.lol
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Maybe we should give Todd a "Todd" forum so he can just post away until he fills the void of insecurity with stars...? :D
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

Tyler wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am in CHARGE here, and I will not bend to requests such as recounts or other tomfoolery to thwart that which is mine, and mine alone, to decide.

After all this lip, I have half a mind to bust you all back to the rank of NEWBIE.

Tyler (Six star general) 8)

Look here Mr. "I got a bunch of stars just because I run the site", don't try to pull rank on me! We all know how you got those stars! :x
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

ALL YOUR STARS ARE BELONGA TO ME!!!!!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com