request for ignore-topic function

If you have any comments for how this site or forum might be improved, or if you are having any difficulties with this site, please post such comments here.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

This is not an available feature to phpBB (the software that runs this forum), and I have neither the know-how, nor desire to program the feature in myself.

Sorry. :cry:

Tyler
JMB

Post by JMB »

Tyler I think you already have something like that. The e-mail I get lets me ignore the topic.

Or you can do this.

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Stop watching this topic link" found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

http://tylerlanepipes.com/modules.php?n ... atch=topic
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Cool! (Show's what I know. :) )

...random, that what you needed?
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

The e-mails that come to me look like this:

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "request for ignore-topic function" at tylerlanepipes.com. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://tylerlanepipes.com/modules.php?n ... =5523#5523

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Stop watching this topic link" found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

http://tylerlanepipes.com/modules.php?n ... atch=topic

--
Tyler Lane Pipes
www.tylerlanepipes.com
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Hi Tyler,

Does this mean that if you click the "watch this topic" button, you get an email every time a new reply is posted?

Rad
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Rad,

That's exactly what it does. You can also go into your profile and set it so that ever post that you post to is automatically "watched" so that you receive an e-mail everytime someone replies. I like that feature a lot.

Tyler
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

random,

In rereading your last post, I think you must mean that you are not worried about the e-mail feature, but on the forum in general? If that is the case, I revert back to my original comment. There is no feature that does that.

Tyler
marks

Post by marks »

Random, if you are looking to save time while perusing the forums, after you log in, there is a link just above the forum on the right hand side of the screen labelled "view posts since last visit". This is a huge time saver, and points you right to topics with posts since your last visit.