Avitar size.

If you have any comments for how this site or forum might be improved, or if you are having any difficulties with this site, please post such comments here.
T3pipes

Avitar size.

Post by T3pipes »

I am having a bitch of a time getting my avatar under the size requirement. i use Photoshop, and thought my self rather skilled, but...
circularthoughts

Re: Avitar size.

Post by circularthoughts »

if you are using a PC, try IrfanView, which is a free download - http://www.irfanview.com/

if you're on a mac, iPhoto has an export feature that lets you resize the photo...
Jos

Post by Jos »

Hi,

you may, of course, use whatever you like, but there's a tiny little program especially made for that:
Works fine, and comes for free.

Regards, Jens
T3pipes

Post by T3pipes »

Thanks. both of those will come in handy. Problem however is not the dimensions, but the file size. can not get it under 13k without it looking all fuzzy
Alan L
Site Supporter

Post by Alan L »

To get the smallest possible file size, save the image as a .JPG format (low-resolution if possible), then adjust the following: Set the image resolution to 72dpi, then start changing the pixel size until it reaches the size you need. It should be around 75 x 75 pixels. For instance, my avatar is set at 72 dpi, 76 x 80 pixels, and is 6.95 Kb in filesize.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

And when you save as JPG, set the quality to low or medium. Using high quality for an image that small and simple isn't necessary.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com