Staying logged in...

If you have any comments for how this site or forum might be improved, or if you are having any difficulties with this site, please post such comments here.
bscofield

Staying logged in...

Post by bscofield »

Anyone else having troubles with the "stay logged in" option? I keeps logging me out after about a day...
bvartist

Post by bvartist »

No problems for me, this is one of the few sites that doesn't log me out every day! I'm not even sure what my password is! :P May be due to your "cookie" setting on your web browser?

David
flix

Post by flix »

Ben,
I'm getting logged out as soon as I quit my browser. I think it must be something to do with Mozilla or some computer stuff.
--Michael
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

I started being logged out after every visit when the site took on its new form. I solved the problem by deleting all my cookies. (I was too lazy to go find and delete just the forum cookies.) I assumed (it appears correctly) that the cookies from the old site were different and somehow interfering with the new site.

Maybe that's your problem too?

Tyler

P.S. I'm using Mozilla FF 2.0
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Welp... I am on Firefox, I "thought" i had cleared cookies since the new site, I do that periodicaly. I am only on version 1.5 tho, so perhaps an upgrade is in order... I'll report back in case it makes a difference. It is VERY hit and miss with me... my login never appears to stay for more than 1 day, but will work several times a day (my cookies are not set to expire).
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

I recommend the upgrade for one feature that I LOVE in 2.0...spell check! It's great for forums like this.

Tyler
Last edited by Tyler on Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Tyler wrote:I recommend and upgrade for one feature that I LOVE in 2.0...spell check! It's great for forums like this.

Tyler
I don't know what you mean, my spelling is imbeclabel.
JBW

Post by JBW »

Tyler wrote:I started being logged out after every visit when the site took on its new form. I solved the problem by deleting all my cookies. (I was too lazy to go find and delete just the forum cookies.) I assumed (it appears correctly) that the cookies from the old site were different and somehow interfering with the new site.

Maybe that's your problem too?

Tyler

P.S. I'm using Mozilla FF 2.0
Thanks for the tip, Tyler. That solved the same problem on my machine. 8)
Joel
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Well I upgraded AND cleared my cookies. I suspect it was the upgrade because I'm 99% positive I'd cleared the cookies in the past. So for anyone else having the problem and working in Firefox, there ya go.
flix

Post by flix »

Cleared out cookies and it works just fine for me with Mozilla 1.7.13 ...