Forum Search Boroken

If you have any comments for how this site or forum might be improved, or if you are having any difficulties with this site, please post such comments here.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Forum Search Boroken

Post by Tyler »

Kurt,

I have had no success with the forum search since the updates. Is it me, or is it broken?

Tyler

P.S. Thanks for all your recent work to improve the site!!! Nice job!
bvartist

Post by bvartist »

Must be you, Tyler! :P Actually I just did a search and although I got results, all the results were from the time after Kurt managed to get the site back up and working. Nothing from the previous posts before the hack job.

Great job on the site BTW, Kurt!

David
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

I just did a search for my name to see how far back it went and got six pages, all the way back to 2004.

Rad
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Re: Forum Search Boroken

Post by KurtHuhn »

Tyler wrote:Kurt,

I have had no success with the forum search since the updates. Is it me, or is it broken?
Hrm. It looks broken. For some reason, posts prior to the conversion aren't indexed or something. I need to take a look and figure out what got left in the old database....
ckr

Post by ckr »

I Have noticed the same as the term *pipe* shows no records prior to Nov 26. It would appear that the database was loaded with it's indexes shut off (it's faster) and after loading it the indexes were *activated* but it was was not reindexed at that time to include the loaded record set. So older posts are not being returned in the queries.

I would think that a simple re-index operation should fix all.
Fumo in pace :pipe: