videos - closeups

If you have any comments for how this site or forum might be improved, or if you are having any difficulties with this site, please post such comments here.
omar_colocci

videos - closeups

Post by omar_colocci »

Hi Tyler!

Watched you new videos and they are great, as usual. No explanation can reach the power of seeing it being done, sometimes.

The only suggestion is that some subjects that may require a closer look are taped in closeups, like the shaping video. You could do it smaller (greater time steps) and everyone would be able to notice the difference in more detail easily in a closer look. I know you have already taped but here come the techie stuff:

I assume you are taping it on DV-CAM or Mini-DV and transfering to the PC using IEEE 1339 (Firewire), right? I'm not sure where in the process you define the final resolution (something about 320x240, I guess) but your source is something close to 720x486 (NTSC), so you could create the project in the final res and import the material in its original res, so you would have a "closeup" because the material you use is larger than the final area and the "exceeding" portions of the image would be cropped out of the frame.

If you want to give it a try, tell me the software you are using and I'll try to help you.

This is just a suggestion. The videos ARE great the way they are. :wink:
Regards,

Omar Colocci
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Omar,

Thanks for the suggestions. I intend to make nice videos eventually, but for now I am just using my Canon A70 digital camera. It is not a video camera at all, but a still camera that has a video mode. It'll only do 3 minute clips. I just set in on a tripod on a chair, and shoot over my shoulder. I'm afraid the resolution is not much more that I have provided on the web. I do shrink the quality down when I convert it to a WMA, but I don't shrink the size.

I have on the docket to take video with a "real" camera, and actually have it operated by a friend. I might even film with two cameras so there could be different angles. We'll see.

I'm glad you find the videos helpful!

Tyler