Own Forum for Finishing?

If you have any comments for how this site or forum might be improved, or if you are having any difficulties with this site, please post such comments here.
alexanderfrese

Own Forum for Finishing?

Post by alexanderfrese »

Browsing through older parts of the forum, I realize, that the question ist not new, but anyway: Wouldn’t it be helpful to set up a new forum (area) within this forum containing the theme complex »Finishing«?
Everything about blasting, rustication, polishing, waxing, staining, etc.
I would surely prefer this. This would make sorting a whole lot easier. Finishing always has to do with the stummel, but the stummel forum is more about shaping the wood, which makes sense. Putting themes about finishing there mixes this up a bit. Burying finishing themes in the General area does't make me happy at all.
Maybe there could be a level one only divided into "All aorund stem work" and "All around wood work". On level two one might split the wood area (just as an example) into the areas "sourcing" "shaping", "finishing" and maybe others.
I know it makes some work to use the admin tools to move older finishing threats from the places they have been spilled. But I surely believe it would help a lot. It is not wise to "over-structure" a forum in the beginning, but in the long run, one should may be add some columns to guide some typically developping theme blocks.

How about it?

:hug:
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I can add a Finishing forum fairly easily. However, I'll leave any posts currently in other forum sections where thay are. It would be a royal PITA to hunt through the site looking for posts on the subject.

Besides, that gives someone the opportunity to claim First Post. :)
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com