SEANMILLERICK

Tell us who you are.
seanmillerick

SEANMILLERICK

Post by seanmillerick »

Years a pipe smoker: 11
How you got into pipe making: I was trying to better understand what made one pipe smoke better than another, and I found the experimentation that is possible while making pipes to be really stimulating. I tend to run my pipes pretty hard, and this makes any airflow and turbulence issues into glaring problems. It is staggering how much thought, planning, skill, and sheer luck is required to create a pipe that not only is aesthetically pleasing and balanced, but smokes incredibly well. I have a deeply obsessive personallity, so the little details, such as the note of the empty pipe when you blow into the stem, the tightness/openess of the draw, where the weight is carried on the bowl, the flex of the stem when clenched, and other finer points are big deals to me. I view each block of briar as another lesson in a book. This forum, and the advice of Tim West, have been truly invaluable in my development as a pipe maker.

Other interesting facts about me: I have been married for 10 years and have a 2 year old son, I play the saxophone, love and own a vintage triumph motorcycle, collect cowboy boots, and can't put a good sci-fi novel down.
mightysmurf8201

Re: SEANMILLERICK

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

Welcome!
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
E.L.Cooley

Re: SEANMILLERICK

Post by E.L.Cooley »

Hi Sean. Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk