Howdy

Tell us who you are.
Yachties

Howdy

Post by Yachties »

Years a pipe smoker: 8
How you got into pipe making: My background is in graphic design and print production. I'm always looking for something to create, and now that I finally have a work space, so I picked up a couple of kits, and made a couple of pipes. I wouldn't call them good, but it was a fun experience and I would love to continue to improve and grow my skill level and knowledge of pipe making.
Other interesting facts: I've been lurking here for a few weeks, reading posts, watching videos, and I think this is a super informative site. So much valuable information, that I'm trying to take in a little at a time and work on translating that into better quality results.

Thank you for all the wonderful information you guys have already laid out, and I'll try my best not to avoid the redundancy with questions!
sandahlpipe

Re: Howdy

Post by sandahlpipe »

Welcome to the forum!
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

Welcome to the Forum Chris. We'll accept you with open arms even if you are from NYC. :lol: I speak in jest of course. After all, there are some Canadians here.
We strive to be politically correct and treat everyone the same: just like shit.
Yachties

Post by Yachties »

oklahoma red wrote: After all, there are some Canadians here.
We strive to be politically correct and treat everyone the same: just like shit.
Oh good I'll fit in perfectly.

I was actually born and raised in the city and just moved about an hour north a year ago. Still work and commute down to Manhattan every day, but I live in a pretty rural area.
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Welcome!!! Anyway!!!
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Welcome!
mightysmurf8201

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

Welcome!
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
Yachties

Post by Yachties »

So I haven't really finished a pipe, with the exception of the couple kits I've made, but I'm getting pretty close. There is so much info here, that its both beyond helpful and overwhelming at the same time, which is a great problem to have. I can't thank you all enough for all of the info you have all shared, it's made this a fun journey thus far!