bubbajvegas

Tell us who you are.
bubbajvegas

bubbajvegas

Post by bubbajvegas »

chris
Years a pipe smoker:
How you got into pipe making:
after smoking cobs and some basic customisation to them i got a yearning for briar so got my first...an estate il ceppo which blew me away in its feel and smoke so after various danish pipe shop buys i started thinking wether i had the abilities to make a pipe in me as i always seem to be pottering about making tampers and other smoking paraphernalia...a myford ml8 popped up on the bay near by at a decent price and so it started...i turned 2 pieces of table leg into some rough looking stummels and thought yeah,maybe i can do this so being a member on some uk pipe smoking forums put a call out for some links to briar and Chris Askwith kindly offered some pieces for me to practice on,i made my first 2 pipes and thought yeah they're pretty good and chris pointed me here and i now realise they are garbage,hahaha....but at least now i can start learning :D
Other interesting facts:
my wife has a cupcake/cake business she runs from home and i work thu/fri baking for her...other days i work a crappy warehouse job

i shall put the first two pipes up in the critique section for your amusement :?
sandahlpipe

Re: bubbajvegas

Post by sandahlpipe »

Welcome!
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com