Zulu

Got a pipe you want to offer for sale? Post it here. This is not meant to be an eBay replacement or a full-blown retail outlet and there are no limits for now, but please be kind to the host. Please note, this is not for showing off your pipes and getting critique - so only post pipes here that you think are ready for sale.
Growley

Zulu

Post by Growley »

The more pipes I make, the more shapes I appreciate. I can't say I'm quite there with the Castello 55 yet though. :?

I've been pondering making a Zulu for a while now and decided to give it a go. It turned out to be much more of a challenge than I figured it would be. I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out and will most likely add this shape to list of shapes that will get repeated some day.

This is also the first time I've ever tried a concave button. I know several people make them and figured it would go well with the Zulu shape. They're quite a bit more comfortable than the standard buttons.

Anyway, here she is:

As always, thanks for looking.

Brian.
Ocelot55

Re: Zulu

Post by Ocelot55 »

That's a gorgeous block of briar. The stain really makes the grain pop. Nice work on the button, but I wish you had a few more pics of it. The bit of plateau on the front is also a nice touch. Great job, Brian.
JMG

Post by JMG »

Holy crap that's nice cross grain.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
K.Anastasopoulos

Post by K.Anastasopoulos »

Beautiful cross cut grain and very good staining job that match with the stem. I like the shape too.
Excellent!
Growley

Post by Growley »

K.Anastasopoulos wrote:Beautiful cross cut grain and very good staining job that match with the stem. I like the shape too.
Excellent!
Thanks for the compliments. I was actually trying to make the stain go well with the stem, so it's nice to hear other people think it turned out that way too!