Volcano for sale (sold)

Got a pipe you want to offer for sale? Post it here. This is not meant to be an eBay replacement or a full-blown retail outlet and there are no limits for now, but please be kind to the host. Please note, this is not for showing off your pipes and getting critique - so only post pipes here that you think are ready for sale.
Ocelot55

Volcano for sale (sold)

Post by Ocelot55 »

Well, I need someone to take this pipe off my hands. It's not an example of perfect craftsmanship, but it should be a decent smoker. I figure I'd give you guys a shot at it.

My problem is that if I put it up on the shelf it will take months to sell with the clientele my local tobacco shop receives (college kids want $20 pipes not $120 pipes).

Right now I'd like to get $120 out of it, but I like creative solutions. PM me to make me an offer. This pipe needs a good home. Here are some pics in case you didn't see this one in the gallery.

Last edited by Ocelot55 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Growley

Re: Volcano for sale

Post by Growley »

Well, I just smoked my first pipe made by Ocelot55 and I have to say, if he applied the same techniques in this volcano as he did in the pipe I smoked, it should smoke very well.

The draw is nice and open, and it smoked cool and clean, no gurgling or moisture roll out. No need for mid-smoke pipe cleaners. If you're considering this volcano, you should pick it up. You'll like the way it smokes.

Brian.
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Well I've done some thinking about the price and have decided to reduce what I'm asking for this one.

:arrow: $95

I think that's fair, but I'm honestly still having a hell of a time pricing my pipes.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Ocelot55 wrote:Well I've done some thinking about the price and have decided to reduce what I'm asking for this one.

:arrow: $95

I think that's fair, but I'm honestly still having a hell of a time pricing my pipes.
Not that I was asked, but I wouldn't get too discouraged about a pipe not selling quickly on this forum. Sure, we all love pipes here, but the number of us not burning all our pipe money on briar and lathes is low.

Have you posted this on any other forums? I'd think at $100 it'd go very quickly.
JonBood

Post by JonBood »

A agree with Tyler and if I had some extra money I didn't know where to put, I'd definitely be interested. To bad I'm just a poor university student=(
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

JonBood wrote:A agree with Tyler and if I had some extra money I didn't know where to put, I'd definitely be interested. To bad I'm just a poor university student=(
:lol: I can sympathize wholeheartedly. Fortunately enough for me, I graduate in May. I've been in college for six years...I am ready for a change. Then maybe I'll have some money to invest in briar and lathes!
JonBood

Post by JonBood »

I'm doing my master thesis after summer so then I'll have some fundings to=) Lets just hope that we don't run out of time instead!
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Ah hah! I see why you joined the BoB! ;)

Seriously, though. Post it there after you've cleared 30 days and 30 posts and it'll be out of your hands quickly.
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

UberHuberMan wrote:Ah hah! I see why you joined the BoB! ;)

Seriously, though. Post it there after you've cleared 30 days and 30 posts and it'll be out of your hands quickly.
Touche! :fencing:

Guilty as charged. Although, truth be told, I used to visit as a non-registered member pretty often to see what was going on, or if I had a question about tobacco or accessories that had already been answered on there.