Sculptures

We all make stuff other than pipes, so here's a place where "anything goes" as far as showing off some of your projects and other hobbies.
Duane

Sculptures

Post by Duane »

I also make some sculptures. This one is my favorite one. It is called "Passion Victorious"!

http://s1320.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 3821715851

The Artist’s Interpretation of “Passion Victorious”
(Based upon spiritual experience)

Starting at the bottom, we have the divine flames of passion that bring two people together in marriage, God’s intent. The sculpture moves from darkness to light as the energy rises and the individuals mature. The dark areas also remind us that we all make mistakes and every marriage has its dark moments. In a marriage, flames of passion have two faces. One face of passion is the attraction and love between the two people. The other face (the dark side of passion) is the battle of their egos as they work toward their oneness in the spirit. The dark side – the disagreements and arguments – is just as important to their union as their attraction and love for each other.

The heart, a symbol of love, has four faces: the center two faces that are almost touching represent their earthly egos; within each face is another face in the space – their true selves, spiritual selves or souls that live within each of them. Spiritual selves that live within each individual are perfectly compatible, and as their egos burn themselves away, the spirit selves within each of them begin to take predominance in the relationship as they live more and more in the spirit. And they become more compatible as each of them relates to each other on a spiritual basis.

The parting in the forehead is the individual’s spiritual wisdom as each of them personally relates to God, their personal connection to the Divine Consciousness — the sixth level or chakra or the Church of Philadelphia (Rev. 3:7-12).

God’s hands proceeding out of the top of their heads represent the seventh level or chakra or the Church of Laodicea (Rev. 3:14-22). Which is the power of God lifting them both beyond any earthly consideration or ego attachment into a perfect oneness of their spirits in a “New Creation” and “Eternal Love.” They are now gods in a new creation of their own making.

Let me mention that this Spiritual Utopia doesn’t take place some time off in the future. It is being formed “now,” each day you’re alive. Every act of kindness or love, every joy or laugh, each tear, every problem overcome, every time there is forgiveness, every thought you have for each other – whether you are together or apart – every moment of intimacy and passion and every moment of self-surrender to the marriage puts another brick of Love and Glory into your Eternal Home.

Duane
the rev

Re: Sculptures

Post by the rev »

very nice, and I enjoyed the explanation.

rev
"but rev, isn't smoking a sin?"

well I suppose if one were to smoke to excess it would be a sin

"but what would be smoking to excess?"

Why smoking two pipes at once of course
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Yup. I like it.
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
Duane

Post by Duane »

Thanks! My sculpturing is like my pipe making....I just do it for the fun in it. Making art & pipes for me is like having sex. I just enjoy doing it. :)
And, I must say that I feel a bit sorry for those "experts" held in high esteem in either or both fields of art and/or pipe making. Now that I'm older, when I look back (after 37 years of marriage, to a few different wives...heehee!) When I reflect back I don't think about all the years of sex I had with them.......I think of the joy in my first few encounters when I was new to the game. Yeah, I wasn't any good at it, but it sure was exciting...."It's great to be a beginner in the pipe making field!"....the experienced pipe makers probably think it's, "Just another hole to drill!" :)

Duane
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Duane wrote:the experienced pipe makers probably think it's, "Just another hole to drill!"
I didn't think it was gonna work, but you tied it all together at the end. Bravo, sir. Bravo. :clap:

Not certain I'd agree, though. I do understand how it can/does/could come to that, though. Happened to me with Sound Design. I just lost the joy. I'm trying very hard to take an approach to pipe making that will make me happy and keep me there. If that means eventually I see something like success, then great! If not, then at least I'll still be enjoying it. :)

-Tyler Beard
Duane

Post by Duane »

I know from my experiences in other fields that the joy I found in the beginning didn't die, but sort of converted to the joy I receive now when I help others and see the results of their efforts and feel the joy they are having.....it's like what is going on here at this web site.

I do have to take my hat off to anyone making pipes for profit. I started to make my own pipes about a year ago because "good" pipes are just too expensive for me, but with the time, effort and equipment I found necessary to make a "good" pipe that functions well and looks great....I don't know how they do it and still make a buck. If I only got min. wage per hour for any one of the pipes I've made so far, forgetting about equipment, each one would cost about a thousand dollars or more! heehee!!
I suppose that's what a "hobby" is.....it's that which you do that you could never sell, becausae it would cost too much!

Duane
Last edited by Duane on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Duane wrote:I know from my experiences in other fields that the joy I found in the beginning didn't die, but sort of converted to the joy I receive now when I help others and see the results of their efforts and feel the joy they are having.....it's like what is going on here at this web site.

I do have to take my hat off to anyone making pipes for profit. I started to make my own pipes about a year ago because "good" pipes are just too expensive for me, but with the time, effort and equipment I found necessary to make a "good" pipe that functions well and looks great....I don't know how they do it and still make a buck. If I got min. wage per hour for any one of the pipes I've made so far, forgetting about equipment, each one would cost about a thousand dollars or more! heehee!!
I suppose that's what a "hobby" is.....it's that which you do that you could never sell, becausae it would cost too much!

Duane
Lol! Too true.

-Tyler Beard