Hand-Turned Pens

We all make stuff other than pipes, so here's a place where "anything goes" as far as showing off some of your projects and other hobbies.
Kenny

Hand-Turned Pens

Post by Kenny »

Here are just a few of the pens I've turned. I've been selling pens for a few years now, and I've made more than I care to think about. These are just a few whose pictures stood out (or were on my laptop!)

First, is a Cigar Pen in Blue "Crushed-Velvet" Acrylic

Next, is another cigar pen in Borneo Rosewood

Wall-Street pen in (I think) Red-Heart (I may be mistaken, been a while since I turned it!)

And a Trimline pen in Black Cherry Burl

And lastly, a red laminated wood slimline in Gunmetal

Close-Up

I do have some pictures of some more "high-end" pens somewhere, I just need to figure out where that is!
Growley

Re: Hand-Turned Pens

Post by Growley »

Kenny,

Very professional looking. I love the Black Cherry Burl. Beautiful wood, and a very nice pen.
JMG

Post by JMG »

Growley wrote:Kenny,

Very professional looking. I love the Black Cherry Burl. Beautiful wood, and a very nice pen.
+1
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

Thank you very much!

I still have some of that Black Cherry Burl left (from the same block actually), and I do sell pens! 8)

I actually still have that pen, well sort of. My girl loved it so much I couldn't bring myself to sell it. But she loves it so much she doesn't dare to use it for fear of losing it! So, it just sits in it's little display case, looking nice.

I also have pictures of another pen made from the same block somewhere, and it was a much larger and nicer pen. I'll see if I can find the pics (if I still have them!), as I had a hard-drive crash a while back and I lost a ton of stuff, sadly most of it being my past work. Talk about sucking big time!

Thanks again for the kind words! I really appreciate that. I work hard trying to make a nice product, and it's nice to know that other very talented folks think my work is nice. Makes it all worth while!

Kenny