Custom woodworking

We all make stuff other than pipes, so here's a place where "anything goes" as far as showing off some of your projects and other hobbies.
Vermont Freehand

Custom woodworking

Post by Vermont Freehand »

Well, I guess it's about time I shared some other things I have made.

I've been a woodworker for the past 15 years. Our 3 man shop is set up for cabinetry, but we make a full array of things. We specialize in kitchens and furniture, but have built a lot of crazy things too.

Maybe over time I will post more here, but first starters, here is a walnut kitchen I made this year for my brother. (pictures show before and after for 3 shots and then a couple close up shots. Notice the grain matching in all possible ways from panels to 4 drawer fronts cut from the same piece so the grain follows through a cabinet line, etc. Even stiles and rails were all cut consecutively from one piece for all doors next to eachother.)

Feel free to check out our website (mind you it is not updated too good, but it's something for now).

http://www.tatebuild.com

Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

d.huber

Re: Custom woodworking

Post by d.huber »

Whoa! Very nicely done!
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
Nate

Post by Nate »

Wow. Gorgeous!
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Very nice. I really appreciate the attention to detail. I miss working in my High School wood shop building furniture. Our shop was one of the nicest in the state and our shop teacher could build anything and as long as we paid for the materials we could make anything we wanted. I made a solid oak entertainment center and carved some floral designs on the stiles. There's nothing quite like woodworking, and you do some very nice stuff.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Very nice!

Gorgeous.
The Smoking Yeti

Post by The Smoking Yeti »

I second what Ocelot says. We had a phenomenal shop at my highschool. Lucky for me though, I can still come back and use it! Great work on them cabinets man!
My pipemaking stream of conscience/ website:

http://yetipipe.tumblr.com/
Vermont Freehand

Post by Vermont Freehand »

Thanks guys!!, I agree about the good old days of high school shop. I was that guy in high school that doubled up on history and english my junior year so I had all 'elective' classes my senior year. Out of 4 - 90 minute classes, I managed to go to shop for 3 (4.5 hours a day) and then to a local restaraunt for a 'work study'. Still helping the guys at the restaraunt 17 years later and still stoping at our high school a couple times a year to say hi to my shop teacher. He is the man!!! Mr. R (pronounced with his Boston accent, Mista Ahhhhh)