Just in time for hunting season

We all make stuff other than pipes, so here's a place where "anything goes" as far as showing off some of your projects and other hobbies.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Re: Just in time for hunting season

Post by KurtHuhn »

Alan L wrote: .45-70 (or bigger!) involved. :wink:
.50 Beowulf for the win!!!

Ahem... :takethat:
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

Post by SimeonTurner »

ToddJohnson wrote:
Dixie_piper wrote:Wild pigs are some mean SOB's, especially when they're cornered. We always keep one handy just in case things go bad.
In that case, you should post a sign that says "BEWARE OF PIG." When things do go bad, do you just turn the pig loose and let it raise hell, or is there a more defined methodology to protecting oneself with a pig?

TJ
Ha!

I just almost snorted beer out my nose. I'm imagining a pig "raising hell" in someone's yard...preferably Rad's, for some reason. Tee hee...
"It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good - and less trouble."

Turner Pipes Website:
http://www.turnerpipes.com

Of Briar and Ashes:
http://turnerpipes.wordpress.com
Dixie_piper

Post by Dixie_piper »

ToddJohnson wrote:
Dixie_piper wrote:Wild pigs are some mean SOB's, especially when they're cornered. We always keep one handy just in case things go bad.
In that case, you should post a sign that says "BEWARE OF PIG." When things do go bad, do you just turn the pig loose and let it raise hell, or is there a more defined methodology to protecting oneself with a pig?

TJ

LMAO
I meant that's why we keep a gun handy. I should of worded that mo' gooda'
Regards,
Adam

Veo Vendice
&
Deum Timete
(family motto)
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

baweaverpipes wrote:One time, many years ago, I had a blind date with a pig. I believe her name was Lina.......short for you know what!
Malina?

When we moved out to AZ, I heard all these stories about the mighty javelina; how ferocious and big they are (Allegedly they get up to 70+ pounds. Allegedly.). Since I do a fair amount of backpacking I was always alert. Until one day I saw one... pathetic. I've seen quite a few since, and the biggest I've seen MIGHT have been 30 pounds. Pfffff - bring it on Wilbur.
Dixie_piper

Post by Dixie_piper »

70 lbs out here is a piglet. Which, we have a different breed of pigs. Not sure what they're supposed to be called, other than supper. Average boar is round about 150 lbs, sals a lil bigger.

Either way, with the "pig sticker" Kurt made, I'd still side with ya on the "bring it on" comment ;)

Very nice knife Kurt, I'm sure you'll be gettin plenty of use out of it :) I've seen a few of your knives here that seem to show a great balance of aesthetics and function, you make any other weapons?
Regards,
Adam

Veo Vendice
&
Deum Timete
(family motto)