Vårlovskniven

We all make stuff other than pipes, so here's a place where "anything goes" as far as showing off some of your projects and other hobbies.
JimBridger

Vårlovskniven

Post by JimBridger »

This is my latest knife. I don't have any of the knives I have made because I have a tendency to give them away to friends in need of a top quality knife :thumbsup: . I wanted a small knife to act as a detail knife when bushcrafting or woodcarving. This knife will replace my Fallkniven U2 for light duties. It is based on the same pattern as the folder I posted in January just made into a full tang for my purposes. It is a great size. Three fingers fit easily, but you can grip it with all four if needed. I plan to make a leather sheath with a stainless steel pocket/belt clip so that it can be carried in my pocket in place of a small folder. It is a full tang knife with one nickel silver pin and two hidden pins. It has a full convex grind that is very shallow and becomes nearly flat as it reaches the edge. I prefer scandi edges for woodworking, but I have noticed that a convex with a nearly flat edge will work wood just as well. The name is "Spring Break Knife" in Swedish. As the name implies, I made this knife during Spring break last week in only two days which is a new record for me.

Blade length: 2.5"
Blade thickness: 1/8"
Blade material: O-1
Liners: black vulcanized fiber
Pins: 3, 2 hidden made of nickel silver
Wood: curly maple
Wood finish: contrast dyed curly maple finished with tongue oil and a layer of beeswax for gripiness

[image]Image[/image]
[image]Image[/image]
[image]Image[/image]
[image]Image[/image]
[image]Image[/image]

Here also is a video of the knife. The grain can really only be fully appreciated in person, but a video does show how the grain shimmers like a piece of tiger eye as it moves.
Curly Maple Bushcrafter

I hope you all like it!
Uncle Arthur

Re: Vårlovskniven

Post by Uncle Arthur »

Very nicely done!
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

JimBridger wrote: I don't have any of the knives I have made because I have a tendency to give them away to friends in need of a top quality knife
Can I be your friend? Did I mention my need for a top quality knife...? :wink:
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Some real talented guys on this forum!
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com