Pipe Rolls

We all make stuff other than pipes, so here's a place where "anything goes" as far as showing off some of your projects and other hobbies.
WCannoy

Pipe Rolls

Post by WCannoy »

Recently, I found myself suffering from a lack of briar inventory. Apparently, I didn't plan far enough ahead, going through what I had on hand too quickly and my next supply order was being delayed...

So, for a little over a week, I was out of work. I needed to do something productive, so I turned my attention to something that had been on my mind for quite a while... Pipe rolls!

I've been slowly honing my sewing skills for a long time. I've always made my own pipe socks, such as these circa 2002-2003:

Image Image

...and my current production pipe bags for my Cardinal House Pipes line

and for my Cannoy Pipes line

For a long time, that was the extent of my sewing. Pipe bags, and nothing but pipe bags. But in recent years, I have been branching out a little bit on other project and increasing my proficiency on the machine. For example, for Christmas 2014 I made a couple of stuffed animals as gifts for family out of leather:

Image Image

...and this past Christmas, I made a wallet and a purse as gifts:

Now, at this point, I'm thinking that I'm getting good enough that I can start making my own pipe rolls, complete with pockets for a pipe and accessories and a nice vinyl lined tobacco pouch. So, having some extra time on my hands, I sat down at the table with some material and a ruler, worked out my design, made some patterns, and got the job done!

Here's a little photo essay:

oklahoma red

Re: Pipe Rolls

Post by oklahoma red »

I got one of the black canvas versions. Nicely done!
sandahlpipe

Re: Pipe Rolls

Post by sandahlpipe »

Exquisite work as all of your work is, Walt. I can't wait till I can get one from you.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com