Pipe stuff...

We all make stuff other than pipes, so here's a place where "anything goes" as far as showing off some of your projects and other hobbies.
JMG

Pipe stuff...

Post by JMG »

A while back I was smoking a horn pipe I had made in my local pipe shop. The tobacconist took notice and asked about making some to sell in the shop. My pipes really are not to a sale-worthy standard yet, but he was persistent and said how the customers loved grassroots/local stuff and that it would help the shop. Well, I loved the idea of being a small part of helping my local pipe shop so I have made a few pipes lately to sale there. For some different reasons I decided to sell under the name "Rhox pipes." I'd love to say there is a cool story behind this, but really it's just a combination of my two favorite animals, the rhino and the fox..."Rhox".

My good friend Tu, who pops up here on the forum from time to time has also joined me in the venture, and though very new to making pipes is light years beyond me. He is also a sort of jack of all trades and today I was privy to watching him screen print our name on some pipe socks I had sewn. It was really cool. Even printed our logo and whatnot on the t-shirt I was wearing. Here's a bit of the fun day we had...

"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
notow1

Re: Pipe stuff...

Post by notow1 »

That is a great logo but You are going to need a large stamp, Norm.
JMG

Post by JMG »

notow1 wrote:That is a great logo but You are going to need a large stamp, Norm.
Yeah, I don't think that's going to all fit on a stamp, :D

Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Dude! That's awesome! I guess you better study up on the pipemaking and start churning out some good ones to sell!
JMG

Post by JMG »

Yeah, if I could make pipes like I can sew I'd be alright.

Charl

Post by Charl »

Very cool!
RobEsArt

Post by RobEsArt »

Not to change the subject... ok maybe a little... I think I just heard you mentioned on Country Squire Radio podcast. Pretty cool
SmokeyBert

Post by SmokeyBert »

This is awesome, living the dream for a lot of hobbyists out there bro. :thumbsup:
JMG

Post by JMG »

Sweet, Rob! It's cool you guys listen to the Country Squire. It's been my pipe shop since I turned 18. It's a very special place. Very cool that guys all over are listening to their podcast.