I never introduced myself...

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
DeflictedPipes

I never introduced myself...

Post by DeflictedPipes »

My apologies, I joined a couple of months ago but neglected to post an introduction.

I'm Web Developer living near the bay in Maryland, originally from PA. I took the username deflictedpipes to reflect my lack of skills, I'm majkeli on every other forum I read. I bought my first pipe while I was in college about 20 years ago. I got started creating pipes through a pipe making challenge in the Badger and Blade, Brown Leaf forum. Steve from Vermont Freehand offered all the forum members a discount on his kits and a bunch of us took him up on it. I've always loved making things, from robotics and electronics to beer and sauerkraut, and have been thinking about getting into woodworking for some time now. My son and I made pipes together and I got bit hard by the pipe making bug. So, I dove in deep like I do with most of my hobbies thanks to my patient and understanding wife. I just tooled up with a wood lathe and I have a Taig arriving next week. I look forward to posting some better pieces than you've seen from me already.

Thank you to you all for sharing your knowledge!
Mike
Nate

Re: I never introduced myself...

Post by Nate »

Welcome a couple of months ago Mike!! :D
E.L.Cooley

Post by E.L.Cooley »

Heya mike welcome.

Sent from my banana phone.
DeflictedPipes

Post by DeflictedPipes »

Thanks guys!

I offered this on a different thread a bit ago, but I'll say it again: if anyone would like a consult on technical aspects or layout on your website I'm happy to do it. I can't promise any programming or design services, but I can answer any questions you might have. It's the least I can do in return for all the time I'm saving from all of the information here.
Mike
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Belated Welcome