HOW DO FROM NEW MEMBER

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
RDPowell

HOW DO FROM NEW MEMBER

Post by RDPowell »

How do all, As you can see I'm a new member here and just wanted to introduce myself.
A few here may already know me from other related sites but, for those who don't I would just like to give a general rundown
of whom I am and what limited knowledge I have concerning pipes and the the making of.
I'm retired and live in a quiet little town in East Texas, I have for the last 15 or more years smoked and collected pipes leading me
to restoring them. Knowing my way around a shop and having experience in wood and restoring everything under the sun including having the accumulated knowledge gotten from jobs being a buffer, Guitar painter, etc. I've been able to use them to my advantage in pipe restoring and the making of. Although to this date I've only made one, LOL! (avatar) I've done hundreds of restorations for myself and a few for others with great responses. I yearn for as much knowledge about pipes and how to make them that I can possibly store away in this feeble little brain of mine. Being a anal perfectionist makes it hard for me to realize sometimes when something is as good as it gets, so I'll need your help there also in pointing anything out that not only can improve but, that it may be as good as it gets with the medium involved. Hope that made sense, I tend to ramble sometimes.
Anyway, glad to be here and I hope you'll all be able to give me the proper guidance and that all needed smack in the back of the head from time to time when needed.
rdpipes.briar.club
Sasquatch

Re: HOW DO FROM NEW MEMBER

Post by Sasquatch »

You had me at "smack in the head"!

Welcome aboard! :D
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

welcome to the club.. you better duck when Sas swings.. ask Ernie, but I've heard it hurts

;-)

james
RDPowell

Post by RDPowell »

Thank you both!

Oh! BTW, I'm pretty good at ducking after all these years of training. :lol:
rdpipes.briar.club
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

You're married too, huh? :lol: