Jones Pipes Debut: Free Pipe!

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
Ocelot55

Jones Pipes Debut: Free Pipe!

Post by Ocelot55 »

Today is a big day in Jones Pipes history. Today I “hang out my shingle,” so to speak. I am announcing the existence of my website on the pipe forums of which I am apart, and am ready to showcase my work to the general public.

In an effort to build up a good base of site followers I am announcing something special. Sign up for my newsletter and be entered to win a free pipe! You heard right, in one month one of my lucky subscribers will win a free Jones pipe crafted to your preferences. Here’s how it works, sign up for my mailing list, then stay tuned. The winner will be announced on Sunday, April 21st. That lucky individual will be able to request a pipe from me according to their tastes. The only catch is that the pipe I make needs to be a classic shape. No blowfish, elephant’s feet, speared cally lilies, or snail climbing Mount Fuji please.

While signing up for my mailing list I hope you will browse my selection of fine, affordable, handcrafted pipes. I’ve tried to debut with enough variety to keep things interesting. Also be sure to check out my gallery section where I have posted some of my previous works, and my articles section.
So without further ado:

www.jonespipes.com

On a personal note, this journey of mine has been fascinating, fulfilling, challenging, and exciting. I have learned so much since I first put file to block, not just about how to make pipes, but about myself. The lessons I've learned and the relationships I've cultivated in this hobby are just about one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had.

Now that my work is starting to become more consistent, I feel more comfortable selling my product. I know that every pipe I send out the door was made to the best of my ability. The good news is, I keep getting better. I have a feeling that the best is yet to come, and I can't wait to see what is in store.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post. I hope you find viewing my website a positive experience. If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

(Special note to my friends on pipemakers forum: You guys are awsome!! I don't expect to generate many sales from this announcement on here, but I wanted to show you guys what a monster you've created! :mrgreen: Thanks for all the critique, words of encouragment, off color jokes, free samples, and memories over the past year and a half.)
rijks

Re: Jones Pipes Debut: Free Pipe!

Post by rijks »

Congrat' Jones, a really elegant website !
Really good font for your name on the header ;)
Keep going to make good pipe.

Best regards,
Patrick Rijks
JonBood

Post by JonBood »

Looks really nice!
Congratulations and good luck :D
Keep up the good work man!
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

Good looking site. Congrats, and all the luck in the world! When I get some extra cash, I know where I will be able to get a great value!
andrew

Post by andrew »

Congratulations Jesse.
Massis

Post by Massis »

Congratz on the new website!
Alden

Post by Alden »

Congrats Sir
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

Congratulations Jesse on stepping into the e-commerce world.
I wish you pit-free briar and lots of sales.
Chas.
Leus

Post by Leus »

Wow, those pipes are some deal. They should be gone in seconds.
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. I'm thinking about writing a book about my experiences: "I is a Pipemaker, and so Can You!" ...On second thought I think Sas took that title for his book. :lol:
Leus wrote:Wow, those pipes are some deal. They should be gone in seconds.
Well, it's been more than a few seconds with none sold. Go figure! :mrgreen:
Leus

Post by Leus »

Ocelot55 wrote:Well, it's been more than a few seconds with none sold. Go figure! :mrgreen:
Do you hang around in alt.smokers.pipes? It used to work wonders when I announced my work there (I don't sell pipes nowadays, but still try to make them.) My experience is several years old, thought.
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Leus wrote:
Ocelot55 wrote:Well, it's been more than a few seconds with none sold. Go figure! :mrgreen:
Do you hang around in alt.smokers.pipes? It used to work wonders when I announced my work there (I don't sell pipes nowadays, but still try to make them.) My experience is several years old, thought.
I've been staying away from other forums because I don't think I can keep up with another. I would probably benefit me though, so I might have to revisit my opinion.
Leus

Post by Leus »

You are not going to sell anything here. Pipemakers are disgustingly cheap guys.
wisemanpipes

Post by wisemanpipes »

w..w..w..w well i say. i resemble that remark!

seriously tho, like i said in your morta post, i would buy the pipe. its, as rev would say, "bitchin". but im out of money from pipe making shit, as are probably most of the people who use this site. tobacco or smoking forums would be your best bet.
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Luck is Laboring Under Correct Knowledge.You have the work ethic,talent and Desire. Go Getem.
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

Good work on the site. Have you posted this anywhere else? I saw Leus mentioned ASP, but brothersofbriar, smokersforums.co.uk (the best IMO), and maybe some others might be helpful.

From where I'm sitting, you're producing a nice pipe at a pretty reasonable price. You probably just need more visibility.
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Thanks guys.

Yeah I have this posted on Brothers of Briar as well. I'm not a member of any other forums. I don't know if I can keep up with another online forum! Still I feel it would probably be beneficial. I've had lots of comments and views on my site since the announcement, but no bites yet. (maybe my prices are too low :lol: )
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

I'll second smokersforums.co.uk. The community is pretty diverse over there and I bet your stuff would appeal to everyone over there. Especially in your price range.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
Charl

Post by Charl »

All the best of luck, Mr Jones!