Hello from a new member from the UK

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
UncleDraken

Hello from a new member from the UK

Post by UncleDraken »

Evening/Morning/Afternoon Chaps!

I signed up a while ago but I haven't had a chance to introduce myself yet. I've only just started smoking a pipe a few weeks ago and still busy figuring things out. Unfortunately pipes and pipe smoking are a bit of a niche market here in the UK and it's very rare to find anyone, especially younger folk like myself, that smoke pipes. And if it's hard to find anyone that smokes them, trying to find anyone that makes them is nigh on impossible! It would be great if I could connect with a few fellow pipe enthusiasts from the UK if there's any around here.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all and tapping into the wealth of experience and knowledge you kindly share!

UncleDraken
Brent

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein
Ocelot55

Re: Hello from a new member from the UK

Post by Ocelot55 »

Welcome! We have a pretty robust group of fellas from the UK. I don't know squat about the geography over there, but maybe one of them lives near you.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Welcome!
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

welcome to the forum
DMI

Post by DMI »

Hiya mate!

You are not alone, I'm in Northern Ireland, Chris is in the West Country, Larrysssssssson in Anglia, Buistd I think is up North, plus you have Barry Jones in Wiltshire the guy who does all the silverwork that I can never remember the name off who is Bristol-ish.

David.
UncleDraken

Post by UncleDraken »

Thanks, chaps :)

Sweet, so that's about 7ish UK residents then, excellent :D
I'll have to add you guys as friends on the forum so I can keep track! I'll have to pick your brains regarding getting started, particularly where to buy tools and source blocks of various varieties.
Brent

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein