Number 1!

Recipes and techniques for blending tobacco - wether home-grown or otherwise.
Nick

Number 1!

Post by Nick »

Woohooo! I'm number 1!!!

Ahem, I guess I'd better at least attempt to be on topic here. Great forum ideas BTW Kurt! So, a blend huh? One of my fave non traditional blends has been 5 parts Semios, 4 parts cigar leaf and 1 part perique. Its a really unique smoke.
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

When I first started smoking a pipe, all I smoked were aromatics. There was a blend by Cornell and Diehl that I liked alot called Crooner. It's a cube-cut burley with deer's tongue. The cube-cut made it tough for me to keep lit as a newbie, so I got creative. I mixed equal parts Crooner with Butera's Sweet Cavendish. Ended up with a sweet sort of chocolate/vanilla flavored mixture. Not too bad if you like the aromatics.
Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Is this area going to be recipes for homegrown blends or speculations on commercial blends? I had thought about trying to make my own personal blends but was not able to find raw tobaccos locally to try my hand at it. I am thinking about growing my own after reading and seeing the fantastic pics posted in this section. Need some ideas for casings, flavorings and blends if I can grow some leaf! :P
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

I'm assuming both raw/homegrown and customizing commercial blends are all acceptable in this forum.

You can order blending tobaccos from several retailers online, Smitty. There's a blending resource online as well. I can't remember the URL, but a search for "pipe tobacco blending" will probably turn it up. Good information to be had there.
Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Thanks Haz! I haven't found my "perfect" blend yet. So I may have to experiment for a while. I would like to find out what works and what hasn't worked for others that have attempted to try this.
bandkbrooks

Post by bandkbrooks »

I hadn't seen this thread yet until after I started a new one. Please share your progress here:

viewtopic.php?t=3362
Brandon Brooks

"The voices in my head won't let me have any imaginary friends"
Brandon Brooks

Brandon Brooks Pipes
http://www.brandon-brooks.com